HELP! Dish wants to charge me a $150 activation fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They can hook me up with DTV with no activation fee
At first, it sounds like Dish and the exclusive retailer are putting the screws to customers because they have no option, but if Dish knew this dealer also can provide Directv at this location, with no activation fee, they should re-evaluate this.

I'm sticking with PIA and receiver fee without more info. Did they give any additional info to the situation?

I've seen many times a person that won't qualify for dish will with directv.

I don't have any evidence other than yrs of building orders for both....imo the credit qualifications for direct is much less stringent.

I hope your right that the $150 would be applied to the programming but I would be shocked if it is.

Thanx for everyone's help.

The "exclusive satellite dealer for this apartment complex" might be illegal under Indiana state law:
Sec. 7. (a) After March 27, 2006, a communications service provider shall not enter into any contract, agreement, or other arrangement that does any of the following: (1) Requires any person to restrict or limit: (A) the ability of another communications service provider to obtain easements or rights-of-way for the installation of facilities or equipment used to provide communications service to Indiana customers; or (B) access to real property by another communications service provider. (2) Offers or grants incentives or rewards to an owner of real property if the incentives or rewards are contingent upon the property owner's agreement to restrict or limit: (A) the ability of another communications service provider to obtain easements or rights-of-way for the installation of facilities or equipment used to provide communications service on the property; or (B) access to the owner's real property by another communications service provider.​

See pp.64-65 at http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2006/PDF/HE/HE1279.1.pdf

Not owing anyone, having cc or borrowing money is almost the same as having bad credit due to delinquency.
The money people have been saying for years that having no credit history is much worse than having a bad credit history.

In this instance, I think someone is being punitive. DISH doesn't require such charges for Flex customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts