Help! Dish will not install 1000+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bruno187

Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
My father-in-law is Filipino. I convinced him to go with Dish for the HD channels. However, he mostly cares about the Filipino channels. They signed up in July and the online ordering wouldn't let you add international channels. So they called about a week after they got set up to ask about the Filipino channels. Since then Dish has made and broken 4 or 5 appointments to install a new dish, or extra dish, I don't think they are sure. The last time they said they were installing a 1000+.

The excuse for 2 months has been that they don't have the parts, or they just no call no show. How is this possible? Has anyone else had this problem?

I have spent at least 12 or 15 hours on the phone with dish and have been promised several times that they will waive the cancellation fees if they can't install the new dish by such and such date. Each time they haven't followed through. The first time I called to cancel and they said that even though the account notes showed that I had been promised the extended trial period, they weren't going to honor it because it wasn't a supervisor. So last time I got a supervisor to put the notes on the account. Of course they won't send me copies of the notes or let me record a phone call of them reading the notes (although I did get a low level call operator from the Philipines to agree).

I am afraid that if my father in law cancels, they will renege and charge him for cancellation fees. Also the paper he signed for the install (3rd party installer) says that he will be charged over $800 if he cancels within one year (sort of, its a little engrish).

Help!

Bruno187,

It doesn't matter if it is a retailer. Someone isn't doing their job. Send an email to ceo@echostar.com and explain the problem to them. They are very good at getting problems like your father-in-law has resolved.

Last edited:
Until your reciever(s) are activated, there's NO service. Until there's service, no CONTRACT is finalized.

Call Dish directly and order. Unless the 3rd party has a credit card number, which he'll be able to dispute, they can't charge him. If they do, take them to small claims court. If you explain that they've missed 4 or 5 appointments and what-not, you can be confident in winning against them.

bruno187 said:
My father-in-law is Filipino. I convinced him to go with Dish for the HD channels. However, he mostly cares about the Filipino channels. They signed up in July and the online ordering wouldn't let you add international channels. So they called about a week after they got set up to ask about the Filipino channels. Since then Dish has made and broken 4 or 5 appointments to install a new dish, or extra dish, I don't think they are sure. The last time they said they were installing a 1000+.

The excuse for 2 months has been that they don't have the parts, or they just no call no show. How is this possible? Has anyone else had this problem?

I have spent at least 12 or 15 hours on the phone with dish and have been promised several times that they will waive the cancellation fees if they can't install the new dish by such and such date. Each time they haven't followed through. The first time I called to cancel and they said that even though the account notes showed that I had been promised the extended trial period, they weren't going to honor it because it wasn't a supervisor. So last time I got a supervisor to put the notes on the account. Of course they won't send me copies of the notes or let me record a phone call of them reading the notes (although I did get a low level call operator from the Philipines to agree).

I am afraid that if my father in law cancels, they will renege and charge him for cancellation fees. Also the paper he signed for the install (3rd party installer) says that he will be charged over $800 if he cancels within one year (sort of, its a little engrish).

Help!

One thing to keep in mind, pole mount only. I have seen a couple placed on a wall (brick), but pretty much pole only.

There was alot of jobs being rescheduled previously due to lack of inventory but that isn't an issue anymore.

Good luck to you.

rcdallas said:
One thing to keep in mind, pole mount only. I have seen a couple placed on a wall (brick), but pretty much pole only.

There was alot of jobs being rescheduled previously due to lack of inventory but that isn't an issue anymore.

Good luck to you.

Really? Around here the demand for the 500+ and 1000+ is strong enough that we've been given the go-ahead to roofmount these things as long as we're using strut-mounts. Pretty much the same carte-blanche we have/had with the SD 105's and 121's

If your father in law signed a 3rd party contract then he must have gone through a local retailer.

This is very simple....

#1 Cancel the credit card used initially to sign up for the service, this will prevent any cancellation fees being automatically charged to the card.

#2 Call the retailer up and tell him you need the Dish1000 Plus Dish for the international channels. You tell the retailer that he either comes out and installs the correct Dish or you'll cancel your service and he gets charged back.

Also if he brings up the $800 cancellation fee, tell him that you cancelled the credit card that you initially gave him to sign up and you refuse to pay since DISH Network extend the Satisfaction guarantee period.

Wose case scenario I think the Dish1000 plus upgrade is $59, but you need to make this the retailers problem not DISH Networks since he was the one who signed you up!

Given the retailers choice of being charged back several hundred dollars or just doing the upgrade to take care of his customer, I think they will do the right thing and install the correct dish.

rcdallas said:

Good luck to you.

we roof or wall mount them all the time with the struts... i figure since they sell a mount for the dish, they must want me to use it

Claude Greiner said:
If your father in law signed a 3rd party contract then he must have gone through a local retailer.

This is very simple....

#1 Cancel the credit card used initially to sign up for the service, this will prevent any cancellation fees being automatically charged to the card.

#2 Call the retailer up and tell him you need the Dish1000 Plus Dish for the international channels. You tell the retailer that he either comes out and installs the correct Dish or you'll cancel your service and he gets charged back.

Also if he brings up the $800 cancellation fee, tell him that you cancelled the credit card that you initially gave him to sign up and you refuse to pay since DISH Network extend the Satisfaction guarantee period.

Wose case scenario I think the Dish1000 plus upgrade is $59, but you need to make this the retailers problem not DISH Networks since he was the one who signed you up!

Given the retailers choice of being charged back several hundred dollars or just doing the upgrade to take care of his customer, I think they will do the right thing and install the correct dish.

Not 100% true about number one claude, i purchased some food at a local sports arena for like 7.00 and 6 months later they finaly posted it to my account, and in that time i have had like 4 diffrent card numbers issued for my accound, thus that card number was "cancled". I was told by the bank that once they get authorization that it never expires. Thus if the OP's card was "authorized (to verify that its a vaild card)" but not charged he can still get charged at any time. Of course if it happens he can allways dispute the transaction as not authorized (per say he did ok it, just never signed a reciept saying he was ok with 800 being charged) or dispute it for quaity of merchandise or service, which is harder to get money back on as the bank treates it diffrently than a unauth charge (just just charge back the merchant account on those) while the outher i think they eat the cost (via visa or mastercard's coverage) if you fully prove that you tried to resolve it and are still unhappy with what you got.

Thanks for the help

I will try the ceo email. Also the original installer is trying to get authorization to do an install. However, I am concerned that he wants to install a 500+ instead of 1000+. He seems to think that you can still get the HD satellite with an extra transponder or something. Is this correct?

Also, my father in law ordered directly online through dish. The contract with the installer is a one page invoice that he was told to sign as a condition of the installation. He didn't even know who this company was (Satellite Services).

As long as all the channels are on that you want on when the installer leaves, I wouldn't be too worried about what hunk of metal they stick up there... they are required to hook up whatever satellite locations are needed to pick up all of your programming, and thats what they'll do...

webbydude said:
Really? Around here the demand for the 500+ and 1000+ is strong enough that we've been given the go-ahead to roofmount these things as long as we're using strut-mounts. Pretty much the same carte-blanche we have/had with the SD 105's and 121's

I agree, if your in a stud/raftor using struts it should be fine, after all as bird said the struts are there for a reason.

Locally at my LSC it's pole only... I did a job today where the only option for LOS would have been the roof instead the customer went with a D1000 and elected not to get the HD locals. Nice roof, be even nicer with a 1000+ on it. :D

Still nothing

I tried the email address and they responded right away asking for the account info, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

The original installer is also trying to do the install. He says that we have an appt. for Oct. 26 (news to me) and that we have to cancel the appt. and pay him $60 to get him to install. Dish said they would waive the $60 install fee, but he says they won't pay him for it!?!? Makes no sense to me.

Finally they installed the dish

They finally installed the dish, but the installer claimed that he had to clear three installs to do it and that he would only be paid for 45 mins to an hour even thogh it took about 3 hours.

If the retailer did a partial or incomplete installation he wouldn't receiver payment from DISH for coming back out to your house to correct it. Especially if it wasn't necessary had it been completed correctly the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts