Help DVR can not get signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KermitWC

Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
MO
On Sunday, I got the searching for satellite message while watching TV. I pressed the reset button and when the DVR rebooted the screen read acquiring guide data. It has been doing this since Sunday. My signal strength it is 0. I receive the following message when I run the system test “ One test failed, diagnostic code, 40-426. I have unplugged and replugged it. The DVR was replaced 2 weeks ago after my house was hit by lightening.

What dish do you have? Type of LNB? SWM or non-SWM?
Are all signal strengths zero for all transponders?

It's possible that the lightning hit did more damage than just the DVR.

What dish do you have? Type of LNB? SWM or non-SWM?
Are all signal strengths zero for all transponders?

It's possible that the lightning hit did more damage than just the DVR.

It is an HR22/100. 03 slimline 3. On tuner 2 -, line 1-8 it is as follows 92 92 92 91 87 90 89. Line 9-16 it is 89 90 90 91 89 91. The rest of those say NA. Tuner 1 + 0 0 31 0 0 0 0 0 Satellite 103 cb negative 0 0 31 0 0 0 0 0. Dual tuners 02 multi switch.

It would help if you can give us all of the signal strength numbers for all of the satellites.

With a Slimline 3, you should have signals for 3 different satellites.
99, 101 and 103.
Not all transponders will have a signal strength listed.

As an example, the 101 sat should list 32 transponders.

On the signal strength screen the - and + are used to select the tuner to check or the sat to view.

How many cables are connected to the LNB on the dish?
This will indicate to us if you have a SWM LNB or not.

If it is a SWM set up, it's a good chance that the Power Insertor is gone as well, or an LNB on either type set up.

Probably just needs to unplug the receivers and power inserter then plug the PI back in then each receiver

Also check the cables at the grounding blocks. The lighting could have vaporized the center conductor of the coaxial cable. This usually happens at the connectors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)