Help Figuring Out FTA For DTV 3LNB For AMC4 101w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shnippy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Hello,

I have been scouring the web trying to find a definitate answer to my question. I have come close, but am not 100% sure either way.

I am trying to get my mom her 3ABN back after a move. She had purchased a dish system from 3ABN before, but no longer has it.

I have purchased the following in hope of getting her 3ABN back, which is on AMC4 101w.

Here is what I have purchased:

Manhattan Skyling 1000 FTA Receiver
DirectTV - DTVP3DP4 Phase 3 dish with
DTVP3 LBN Multi Satellite with Integrated Switch

I don't care about getting any other channels besides 3ABN located on the AMC4 Sat at 101West.

I just need an answer of whether this setup will pull this in or not.

I know the FTA sat signals suggest at least a 30" dish and the Phase3 is 18"X20". I am sure hoping I can at least pull in 3ABN as I have already made the purchase (not too hastily i hope).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :hungry:

Thank you all in advance,
Shnippy

The LNB is wrong but it is possible to get 3ABN on a Phase 3 type dish. The signal wont be the strongest but will work. You need a KU LNB

I use to have 101 on a Phase II (which had 3 removable LNB's) The other 2 were for 91 (when it had a couple freebie channels) and 110 (for the dish sub)

Attachments

• IM000796.JPG
    IM000796.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IM000798.JPG
    IM000798.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 226
  • IM000802.JPG
    IM000802.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 228
Short answer is, no.
DirecTV equipment is for DirecTV.

To start, you need a Linear LNB and probably a 30"+ Dish.
Receiver should be OK.

Will this work?

Hi,

Thank you very much for the very quick reply. I guess i learned a lesson on this. i usuall research things until they ate paper thin, but i guess i skipped a few aspects of this.:(

I have a brand new phase 3 if anyone wants to buy one, lol.

Anyhow, i was doing some more searching and found this:
Direct TV "World Direct" 36"wide dish. It is also oval though. Will something like this work for what i am looking to get?

It comes with a:

Dual Lnbf for 95w and 101w

Thank tyou again for your speedy response, i really do appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,
Shnippy

The World Direct dish is a good choice, and especially if you get it cheap.
But here's a 90cm & LNB deal from one of our sponsors!

Here's a picture of your Phase III dish with a linear LNB grafted to it, watching Whitesprings.
It's more of a gag, or done for bragging rights, though, not as a serious suggestion.
If you got your Phase III for cheap (free), ya might give this a try.
Mine was $8 from a Goodwill type of store, new in the box.
Usually folks find them in dumpsters when people move or move up to better hardware.

Here's an inexpensive LNB from one of our sponsors, that should do a dandy job.
But, if you paid real money for the P-III, by all means try to recoup your investment.

Thanks for the help.

I wish i would have got the dish free, but I purchased it of ebay for $40.00:(
Lesson learned.
I guess i will try listing it on Bidcorral auctions or their classifieds site. Maybe i can recoop some funds back out of it.

I will look into the one of the other dishes with a linear lnb.

Oh, is there anything this dish i have can pick up as far as FTA? Before I get rid of it.

Thanks,
Shnippy

man, no kudos for me. i got myself all buggered up.

opened my new receiver Manhattan Skyline 1000, set up my p3 dish started messing around with the receiver settings and did the all wonderful Factory Default, after making some mistakes.

What a mistake that was. Now i get nothing. I was getting signal but no quality. But now i am in a loop setting the receiver up.

Anyone had any experience with this receiver?

I started going throught the sats on it and found some i recognized, but most of the ones i see on lyngsat werent on it.

Did i mess it up or is it fixable?

Any help would be appreciated. last dish i installed was a sky angel about 8 years ago. it worked very good. thought i could do it again, but i guess i was wrong.

Thanks for any help you have to offer a newbie.

Shnippy

Last edited:
Most recievers don't have an up-to-date Sat list, because it's always changing.
You just need to re-enter LNB settings.
Are you still aiming for AMC4?
Did you get a Linear LNB?

hi lak7,

thanks for the reply.

so adding new information into receovers is common practice?

I am on the hunt for the right dish and lnbf. I am really steering towards the DTV International 36", but there are some round ones that loook good too. All depends on the price i guess.

Will the p3 with the circular lnb setup pull in 129w? I see it has stuff like PBS on it.

Thanks again fir stickin' with me.

Shnippy

my goal is to get 3abn, and i now understand the setup i need, thanks to you guys. 30" or larger dish and ku linear lnbf should do the trick correct?

I am just curious as to the potential of the p3 setup now. i guess i got the fta bug, lol.

Thanks,
Shnippy

I am on the hunt for the right dish and lnbf. I am really steering towards the DTV International 36", but there are some round ones that loook good too. All depends on the price i guess.
Okay then, what are your parameters, and where are you shopping, etc?
I wouldn't recommend the International dish as first choice, but if you found one free, it'd be fine.
See the one above, which I did recommend.
It's good (big) hardware package at a good (small) price. :)

Another sponsor here has dish & LNB packages, too. :up

Will the p3 with the circular lnb setup pull in 129w? I see it has stuff like PBS on it.
There isn't anything (that I can think of) on 129° circular that is non-encrypted.
All the channels in this 129 list, belong to Dish, and you cannot receive PBS, there.
The one thing linear on 129°, is WhiteSprings, and above I showed a mod to the Phase III for receiving it (again, not a recommendation if it ties up a $40 investment).
Here's the Lyngsat page, showing available services on 129°w.

If you do decide to put up your Phase III as-is, to receive something, . . . you can get NASA and Angle One on 119° circular (Dish, but not encrypted).
And you'll have to aim it kinda funny, as only one of the three LNBs will be used to get the signal.
Oh, and you'd also need a diseqc switch to connect both dishes to your receiver.
But frankly, I'd dumpster-dive for any 18" to 22" dish I could find, and aim it at 119°. - ;)

I'd also be curious where you found that receiver?
I know a few members have 'em, but I sort of thought they were old 'n rare (obsolete, actually).

Hi,

Thanks again for the great info.

As much as I hate to say it i bought both the dish and the receiver off eBay (hate to say it= because i'm an avid Bidcorral.com user, veered away from eBay.)

Both were purchased from different eBay members. The dish and the receiver were both brand new.

My moms receiver was a Skyline 1500, purchased though 3ABN years ago, but no longer has it, so I got the closest thing to it the Skyling 1000.

I am on the Washington State coast about 90 minutes southwest of Seattleand about 30 mins from the beaches.

Even Angel One would be ok until I can get 3ABN set up.

I have seen a few 36" DTV Internation dishes on eBay running about $80.00 shipped.

Oh the only thing i am not sure about the Skyline 1000 is for lnb polarity it show H/V not any R/L. I presume theis would be a problem for circular lnb, is that correct?

Thanks again,
Shnippy

That is awesome, thank you. Very helpful for a newbie.

I appreciate it very much.

Thank You,
Shnippy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts