Help finding 121??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Forts

Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Hi guys... I came across this forum on the weekend and I'm loving the wealth of information here... So that leads me to a question! After reading all the posts about G10, I figured I would give it a shot. I've got a little generic FTA receiver here as well as an old DirecPC dish out in the shed. I mounted the dish tonight, and was using a Dishnet receiver as an aiming guide. It seemed pretty logicial that if I found 119, then 121... I should be able to stumble onto 123. The problem is I can't seem to find 121. I can get a screaming signal on 119, but el'squato for 121. Is there a preferred transponder to use when looking for 121? With my luck, I figure I likely had the ird on an transponder that's not being used or something! If anyone has any tips, they would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I use.....

DFreq : 11955 MHz(V) SR : 20.000 Msps

or

DFreq : 12071 MHz(V) SR : 20.000 Msps

You might have a circular lnb on that dish you would need a linear lnb for G10R.

Just a guess

Wholeshoe

Actually the DirecPC dish has both. However I was using the circular lnb at the time I was searching for 121.

121 is a Linear LNB not a circular, I set up a dish night before last for it in about 3 minutes at most of aiming. Was quite surprised at how quickly I nailed it. I currently get one of Dishnets International Packages Ala Carte.. Good Luck, and pay attention to skew and elevation on your dish..

Rick

if you are using a direcpc dish and were able to hit 119 with the circular LNB (the pencil one), the KU band is at 117 then...so you need to move 6 degrees over to hit 123 :)

In my searches for 123, I keep finding 121 and 119. I think that 121 is high powered, so that the relatively small superdish can pick it up, and its splattering all over the place where I am When I find 121, I can pick up 119 at the same time.. If I keep moving west, I then pick up 127... skips right over 123.

With the arrangement of my dishes at the moment, I am giving up on g10, and will start looking for IA5 (probably do this in the morning)

I was using my el-cheapo satellite finder.. the reciever was not within visual range at that point.. Then again, its a moot point until I move my dishes to the roof, where I intend to have a dedicated G10 dish, and a motorozed dish for most everything else.

what frequency were you using to pick up 123?

If you have the wrong frequency, it probably won't work :)

Iceberg said:
if you are using a direcpc dish and were able to hit 119 with the circular LNB (the pencil one), the KU band is at 117 then...so you need to move 6 degrees over to hit 123 :)

Ah! Well that would make a difference then! Thanks for the tips.... Hopefully the weather will clear up a little here and I can go do some more hunting!!

took me a little bit to remember that :)

the original direcpPC was at 99 with the pencil (to the left if your standing behind the dish) was at 101

so if you can get 119, then the KU band is at 117

I wish I could move that pencil one...then I could have 123 and 119 with the same setup :)

W00t!.. found IA5.. finally...

Its doing a satellite scan right now.. 157 channels and 80 something audios

Not the best quality (30-40%) I kept finding G11, G4R, and AMC4.. but I kept with it (even after dark!)

Now, I think I have the hang of distinguishing between birds on my craptastic signal meter.. So, I will try for G10 tomorrow again (I have to put another mount up for it first)

I still remember that feeling when I first found IA-5! :rainbow

Well done!

I found G3 and G4.. I know I definately was pointed at G4, becuase of the monster 30msps transponders I found on blindscan.. (DirectPC DVB/IP) and an ABC feed that was hot when I did the scan.

Right at this moment, Its pointed at G3.. i accidently bumped the dish when I was connecting the DiSEqC up...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)