Help fine tuning my 8 foot dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok I decided to tweak my 8 foot Fortec dish a bit before winter comes. I'm puzzled though. As it sits now I get 137W the RTV channels if I raise the dish about two degrees...but I lose everything below 91W. If I put it back where it was (lower it at least two degrees) I get 58w thru 135W ok but lose 137W.
Seems no matter what I do I can't find that sweet spot and I can't pick up the sats at both my furthest east and west. Any ideas?

Sounds like a due south issue. When you lift the dish at 137, you are missing your eastern side satellites on the high side. I would turn my dish on the pole about 2 degrees to the west, and then readjust for elevation at the center. Then see what you get

yes , sounds like it . what i do is using a dremel mark the pole & dish where it currently is and the slightly adjust it like mentioned above 2 degrees which is a small amount probably 1/8 of an inch or less and re check . this adjustment will throw all your sats off a bit so you will probably have to reset them .

Thanks guys. I was outside messing with the dish after I posted this and got it all lined up again. The pole/mount was still marked from a couple of years ago but something shifted somewhere. Oh well I moved it 1/8" on the mount and everything popped in much better...glad that's done before it got cold.

Check for high or low on each side of the arc. If both are high (or low) you declination is off.
If one side is high, the other low, your azimuth is off.
GEEZ- I type to slow, I see you got it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)