Help!!!First Time Big Dish Setup (Not looking Good)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
Hello,thanks for reading my post. This is my first setup for C-band it's still in the works.My pole is set,My wiring is in the ground, the only box I have for testing my setup is a 905 sidecar 4dtv.Oh,and a analog star trak 6,but I don't have a remote and there are no buttons on the box.So to move the dish I'm using a 12volt transformer @1.75amps.ON the 4dtv meter in the options it was showing 94 quality and 99 signal,so to me that sounded good.And it showed that both horizontal and vertical on the lnb. But after farting around with it for an hour or so I thought I would look at the lnb to see the needle move,and it did not.So I took off the servo motor and notice that the plastic peace that turns the needle was broken,so I took some pics to show you guys.I'm a noob,but I think i'm looking at a new feedhorn. What do you smart people think?

Attachments

• dish pic1.jpg
    dish pic1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 193
  • dish pic 2.jpg
    dish pic 2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 175
  • servo.jpg
    servo.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 190
  • feed1.jpg
    feed1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 202
  • feed2.jpg
    feed2.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 167
  • feed 3.jpg
    feed 3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 190
Seriously consider getting a voltage controlled lnb from one of our sponsors, and an inexpensive DVB receiver off fleabay. Make sure it has blind scan. for getting started it will be way easier for you.

lnb or lnbf

what is the better choice,and why? I know lnbf is voltage controlled and lnb is servo controlled.I assumed lnb would be better for fine tuning. Looking for something cheap to start with. Right now just want c-band but ku in the future.
From what I read the combo lnbf is a no go. Or I should say a 50/50 chance it will have good signal with both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts