Help for a novice

justdoit

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
I am interested in getting a dish network satellite. I would like to be able to watch 3abn plus regular channels. I do not want to have 2 dishes installed. Is it possible to have I dish that can serve this purpose? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

South Bend, IN 46615. The channels interested in are HGTV, Fox News, CNN, History, Discovery, animal Planet and possibly sky angel even though I, understand, will discontinue thsi service on satellite

South Bend, IN 46615. The channels interested in are HGTV, Fox News, CNN, History, Discovery, animal Planet and possibly sky angel even though I, understand, will discontinue thsi service on satellite
From South Bend, Indiana they should be able to put up a Dish 1000.2 and hit 110, 119, and 129 with no problem at all. I live in Martin, MI (about 70 miles Northeast of South Bend) and we have no problem picking those up with the 1000.2.

Of the 3 sats, 129 will be your lowest, but it will come in with no problem (as long as you have line of sight to the satellites at your exact location).

Geoff

The afore mentioned programs were in addition to 3ABN. To my understanding , 3 ABN comes on 61.5 sat in our area. Still confused as to what type of equipment to order. A friend of mine ordered dish network and specifically asked about 3ABN but after installation, there was no 3 abn on the line up and it took several calls and $49 installation fee for a second dish. I want to order the correct stuff right up front. thanks

I just noticed this info at the 3ABN website. Now I am wondering if anyone knows where I would be able to get 3ABN on the 129 in this area.

"Notice to our 3ABN Viewers.
3ABN is now available on the Dish Network satellite system on two satellites in the orbital positions 61.5 and 129 degrees!

All the original and current Sky Angel subscribers and all Dish Network subscribers receiving programming from these two satellites now can view 3ABN on Channel 9710. The 3ABN channel is placed on the Dish Network basic package. Praise the Lord !!!
Note: No additional hardward required if you have the "Dish 1000" system. "

If you call a local retailer, they ought to be able to put the 1000.2 dish in for you even if you don't get HD service. There will probably be an extra charge for this dish as retailers pay a bit more for it than the 500 dish. It is also a greater possibility that you would get the correct dish the first time around. DISH fulfillment isn't well-known for being prepared to deal with unusual requests such as a 1000.2 dish on a standard-def install. A retailer on the other hand will usually communicate this directly to the installer instead of entering it into a computer note somewhere. Just call a local guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts