Help for previous subscriber

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

directcj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Used to be a E* subscriber, moved and had to cancel.
I'm looking to resubscribe but am now confused with all the packages and what's available.

Previously I had the digital home advantage, 60 channels with locals, 2 receivers.

I'm looking to get the same again but would like to get a DVR with the package. Also, will probably get HD in about a month.

Help needed:
1. Anyone here recommend a local installer (in Orange County, CA area) I should go with?
2. Can I get the AT60 1st then when I get my HD TV, resign up for one of the HD packages (probably in a month)
3. I'd like to go with Dishstore.net (one of the sponsors here), anyone from Orange County, CA can chime in to me via PM or respond here directly as to plus or negatives with them? If I go with Dishstore, who actually installs?

Looking to do this in the next couple of days and would appreciate any help you folks can offer.

Call DISH as a previous customer you probably will be eligible only as a returning customer. Order HD now or you will have to wait a year to upgrade.

boba said:
Call DISH as a previous customer you probably will be eligible only as a returning customer. Order HD now or you will have to wait a year to upgrade.
Being eligible only as a returning customer? Are there differences between a returning or new customer? If so, I'd like to understand them. If there are negative differences as a returning customer are there "loopholes" that can be taken advantage of?

directcj said:
Being eligible only as a returning customer? Are there differences between a returning or new customer? If so, I'd like to understand them. If there are negative differences as a returning customer are there "loopholes" that can be taken advantage of?
If you have not been a customer for more than 7 consecutive months you are eligible for all promotions available to new custs...There are a few small exceptions but they are minor...Make you inquiries to Dish..do not call a retailer.....Retailers cannot do installs for returning custs......
Yes you can get a DVR.....in fact you can get two 625's on the same account..

dishcomm said:
If you have not been a customer for more than 7 consecutive months you are eligible for all promotions available to new custs...There are a few small exceptions but they are minor...Make you inquiries to Dish..do not call a retailer.....Retailers cannot do installs for returning custs......
Yes you can get a DVR.....in fact you can get two 625's on the same account..
O
What about dishstore? Are they considered a retailer? What sort of package can I get through them? I tried their website but I can't seem to get the package that I'm considering it nor will it tell me the tradeoff of getting HD now or waiting when I get the HDTV (panny plasma!)

Doing a little more search through here and finding out more things. However more questions that I hope folks can answer. Sorry if this has been answered already but it gets hard to look through all the posts here.

I guess I'll have to call Dishstore tomorrow but hopefully somebody from dishstore monitors here and can answer my questions for my situation

1. I'd like to get AT60 with locals for two TVs. I will need to do 2 TVs. Would like to get a DVR device.
2. Eventually, 1 TV will be HDTV and 1 will be Std Analog TV (NTSC?). Looks like if want HD-DVR I'll have to swing $299 fee to get a 622, or I can just get a 211 (or is a 411?) for a $49.99.

So my question for 1 is what sort of equipment will I need or get and how much will it cost me total? As far as cost my understanding is 34.99 for AT60 service. Not sure If I'll have to pay for any other fees (such as another fee for 2nd tv and for DVR - too bad I can't buy a 508 or 721 from Dishstore anymore!:(

For 2, my understanding is I'll have to go HD Bronze which will be $49.99/month (or probably HD silver to get $10/month credit from $59.99)

Did I get the above right? It's not clear by going through the Dish website especially if I want to do std and HD service combined. Don't want to get more service or equipment than needed. Also, it's not clear what my total cost will be. Again if you folks can help it will be appreciated. I'll probably look into doing cable also just to make sure I look at all my options here.

Jordan420 said:
directcj did you read the post just above your last post?:confused:
nope
I was probably typing up my post when claude sent his post over.
Thx

As I said, looks like I'll have to give dishstore, specifically claude, tomorrow.
Looks like claude already knew what I was typing. He must have ESP. Or more likely he's seen this line of questioning before and anticipated my questions. Good to know they are more than just sponsors and aim to serve us.

You really need to give us a call at the office. Every situation is different and I can get more accomplished in a 5 minite phone call than replying to posts on this thread.

Before we can do anything, we first have to determine if we can setup a new account or get you under a former customer promotion.

As far as the website, there is lots of general infomation on there, but nouthing specific for what ya want!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)