Help for receiving 121 bird

dllfx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
NewYork
HI

Somebody have the experience about receiving 121 bird?

I use the FTA dish and fss lnb.

In fact i lived in NewYork area, i have not idea that which size dish at least i can use. because i heard the signal of 121 is weak.

Thank you
:)

Hello welcome to the forum : ) I use a 30" dish and a standard KU LNBF to pick up the FTA channels at 121w No Problems, we have a FTA area here at Satelliteguys.us please come over there and we will try to help you some more!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=58

I am getting great signal quality on EchoStar 9/Intelsat Americas 13 of 70%

Actually i donot focus on the free channel on 121 bird

I already got the 110 and 119. now i am interested in the dish channels on 121 bird.

I do not want to pay the extra money for the superdish( 121/110/119)

I just want to use the FTA( Big Dish) to receive the 121 bird and dish 500 to receive 110/119 that instead the superdish.

The 121' fss signal is weak ( from lots of reading), I want to know that which size is eough at least for receiving 121 bird in New York area?

Thank you for helping me.
:)

The channels are FTA right now but you never know how long it will last as I said I get great signals with a 30" dish and I am further north than you (MN.)

You would aim at 240w and have your dish at 23 deg. to hit 121w from NY!

Good Luck!

Thank you for helping me :) firstly

The channels which i want to receive are from 679 to 701 (dish net work).Half channls are Free Preview since they just avaiable from oct 1, 2004

And any other channel is encrypt

On the super dish the 121 lnbf definilly is FSS lnbf, it is different from standard KU LNBF.

about the dish and lnbf, please check here

"Now the switching is another story that is a challenge. But I am sure it can be done!"

you means i can receive the fss signal with ku lnb?:confused:

what is "swithching"? Can you tell me more about that?:)

OK. PSB seems a bit stuck on the FTA part, but has provided thread links you should read as they DO apply to what you want to do.

Real quickly, to use your old FTA dish for a 3-bird E* solution (poor man's superdish), your 110/119 LNBFs MUST be Legacy, NOT DishPro. You need 4 outputs, so it's a pair of duals (best) or a Quad (again, NOT DishPro). A Twin will NOT work.

You also need a SW64 switch.

Two outputs from each LNBF - one for odds, one for evens - go into the SW64.

ok i got another question with (poor man super dish)

I am confuse that Can Legacy KU LNBF instead FSS LNBF with 30'dish to receive the 121?

How do they work?

Does sw64 is necessary for (poor man superdish) or DP34?

:) Thank you

As far as I know, "Ku LNBF" and "FSS LNBF" are the same thing. But I do know whatever you call it, it acts like Dish Network's "Legacy" equipment. What SimpleSimon means above, is, your Dish500 LNBs must be legacy, not DishPro. But you don't need to worry about your FSS LNBF, it's already legacy.

Also, the DP34 will NOT work. The LNBs and switches must all be legacy, not DishPro (DP).

dllfx said:
ok i got another question with (poor man super dish)

I am confuse that Can Legacy KU LNBF instead FSS LNBF with 30'dish to receive the 121?

same thing...FSS is KU Band

How do they work?
huh? How does the LNB work?
Does sw64 is necessary for (poor man superdish) or DP34?
Cant use Dish Pro. It has to be legacy. If you are using multiple receivers, you need 2 dual LNB's on the Dish 500 and a Dual on the KU band.
If you are doing this to one receiver, you can use a Legacy Twin and a SW21.

Ok
Now i can make sense

Solution 1
If i just receive the 121 bird, i need Legacy KU LNBF and 30' dish, then they connect to my receiver DP 301

Solution 2

If i want to receive 119+110+121, i need dish 500 and two Legacy KU LNBF+ 30' dish and one Legacy KU LNBF + sw64 ,then they conect to receiver (dp 301) :)

dllfx said:
Ok
Now i can make sense

Solution 1
If i just receive the 121 bird, i need Legacy KU LNBF and 30' dish, then they connect to my receiver DP 301

30 inch dish and KU..yes (30 foot dish would be a littel big) :)
Solution 2

If i want to receive 119+110+121, i need dish 500 and two Legacy KU LNBF+ 30' dish and one Legacy KU LNBF + sw64 ,then they conect to receiver (dp 301) :)

actually, you can use a Dish500 with a Legacy TWIN, the 30" dish and KU LNBF and a SW21. The SW64 is overkill and you would need a little more money :)

Thank you for your suggestion

In your opinion, Is 30 inch dish enough for receive 121 in New York area?

dllfx said:
Thank you for helping me :) firstly

The channels which i want to receive are from 679 to 701 (dish net work).Half channls are Free Preview since they just avaiable from oct 1, 2004

And any other channel is encrypt

On the super dish the 121 lnbf definilly is FSS lnbf, it is different from standard KU LNBF.

about the dish and lnbf, please check here

Ok, what is you current setup? A 500 Twin or an SW21? How many receivers? If you only need 1 or 2, you can get buy with 2 SW21s connected to the 500 Twin.

Ok, you have DBS, which needs an 18 inch dish, like the 110 or 119, which is 12.2 -12.7Ghz. Then you have FSS, which requires a larger dish due to the larger size of the signal in the 11.7-12.2Ghz. Both FSS and DBS can have Ku Band. There is also C-Band, 3-5Ghz, and KA band, which is 20+Ghz. The 121/105 are FSS-Ku and the 110/119 are DBS/Ku.

The 105 is the weak sat. The 121 is a 140W sat, and should be easy to pick up with a 30inch or larger dish with an FSS LNB.

dllfx said:
which transporter signal is strong in 121 bird
thank you
E* recommends peaking off of TP's 15, 16, 20, or 21 on a 121....and TP's 2, 7, 18, or 23 on a 105...

Jason

Thanks for lots of friends help me to built my 121 bird system. :)

Now i got dp 301 receiver, 32'' dish and Legacy Dish lnbf. ;)

I got 61.5, 110 and 119. Every bird that i can got 125% ( Full ) signal. :D

Unfortunately, i did not get the 121. :no

Somebody give me suggestion about Azimuth, Elevation compare with 119 ?
Need i adjust the LNBF polatization tilt?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)