Help for VoIP (Vonage) hows yours configured?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DRAKO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
VA
Well, I just got my installation done, YAY... now all I'm trying to do is get my STB to make the phone call using my Vonage account..

I was just wondering if there is a specific setup you guys use if your vonage device is behid a router... What ports are you forwarding or what specifics? (also do you make your MTU 1500 or leave default?)

my network is like this:

vonage "static" 192.168.3.150 assigned as DMZ in router
linksys router (DHCP off) is 192.168.3.148 Gateway

the thing is that i assigned the Vonage harware IP 192.168.3.150, but for some reason in the wan port it's still not using that range (192.168.3.xxx), it uses its own 192.168.102.100

maybe I should make my gateway be something like the hardcoded vonage IP like

router: 192.168.102.2
vonage: 192.168.102.1
Vonage WAN port 192.168.102.xxx (DHCP assigned)

all this on the same 255.255.255.0 subnet

I think somehow the DMZ is not working right as I can receive calls but I cant make them, i get a dial tone but it never rings on the other end..

well sorry for the mumbo jumbo, but all help is appreciated, thanks :)

Make sure you dial "1" before all numbers you dial, even local. Your calls are all originating in Edison, NJ so they are all really long distance calls, you are just not charged that way for them. With my setup, I just gave the Vonage box a static IP and then forwarded the ports to the ATA that Vonage requests. I forget exactly which ones, but the Vonage website tells you which ones to forward, and they are all UDP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)