help getting ota on the hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

movie1

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
I had a winegard antenna hooked up to a Ps 9370 power inserted that was hooked up to a 622 receiver and I got nh locals no problem. Then I got the hopper and the Usb adapter for ota.when I hooked it up ot couldent pick up anything. I asked the dish installed and he thought the power inserted was bad. So I replaced it and it still didn't work. Can you tell me what I need to get this working?

Was your 622 and OTA antenna combined using diplexors before? If so then your OTA antenna cable is probably disconnected and would need a new cable ran from it to your usb module for the Hopper.

OTA and your hopper can't share a line anymore.

I was going to :welcome you to Satelliteguys movie1 since this is your first post, but you have been a member over 8 years! :)

Thanks. Just been away for a while. I didn't use to diplexor to hook up the antenna. I had a cable running from the antenna to the power inserted and another from the power inserted to the receiver

I had a winegard antenna hooked up to a Ps 9370 power inserted that was hooked up to a 622 receiver and I got nh locals no problem. Then I got the hopper and the Usb adapter for ota.when I hooked it up ot couldent pick up anything. I asked the dish installed and he thought the power inserted was bad. So I replaced it and it still didn't work. Can you tell me what I need to get this working?

:welcome you to SatelliteGuys!!! :)

Try hooking the coax directly to your TV and do a scan. Do you get channels? If you do, the issue is with your OTA dongle or the Hopper. If you don't the issue is with your Winegard pre-amp or the antenna, or how you have it wired. Just to be certain, your power supply , that you replaced, has an in and an out coaxial connection.

AMW937.jpg

I can't see the markings on it but it should say something like "to antenna" on one and "to TV" on the other. Perhaps, and this is a guess, you have them backwards. If that part is straight, remember that you have a pre-amp at the antenna location. There is a chance that it has gone south. I know it's all coincidental but it is a possibility.

First, make sure that the power supply is set up correctly, then attach it directly to the TV. If you get channels on the TV you have proven that the antenna, pre-amp, and power supply are all working correctly. Does your power supply have a power on light? If it does, it will tell you if you have power to it. If that light isn't lit, check you power source to it.

Just some things to try.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)