Help Hooking Up 222k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thomas Conwell

Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
Indiana
Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything that is specific to my issue.

I currently have a HWS/Joey setup, but decided I didn't need the extra channels or the DVR, so I have downgraded to the Welcome Pack. This package doesn't include the DVR fees that the other package I had did.
I have purchased a ViP 222k receiver in order to still have 2 TV's, but without the DVR (I don't use it anyway), but I don't know what equipment as far as cabling, splitters, diplexers that I need to purchase.

My scenario:
I know I have a WA dish with two lines ran to the closet.
Since this is a Dual Tuner receiver I was going to place the receiver in the living room, and then have my bedroom be TV2. For maximum picture quality, I was going to run RCA cable (yellow, white, red) from the TV2 outputs on the receiver to my TV in the bedroom. I don't believe for this portion, I will need any additional cable (except for the RCA cable itself).

My issue is I am not sure how to hook up the receiver to the dish. I know that I will most likely need a splitter or diplexer to combine the two inputs from the dish to combine into the one cable that runs to the wall outlet in the living room. Then I believe that I will need another one of those to plug into the back of the receiver in the "Satellite 1 & Satellite 2" inputs, and run back to the wall outlet.

Sorry if this seems kind of confusing. I appreciate any help you can give me.

TC

Ok, the diagram didn't really clear much up for me, but there was another post saying that in order to get TV1 working all I would need is one separator. However, I do not have two lines ran to the area where the box will be, just the wall outlet, so will I need one on both sides of the outlet? One as it comes in the house and another before the receiver?

And then for TV2 I'd just run my A/V cable instead of coax, and I'd be all set, right?

The best way is to run one line from dish into a diplexor sat in. The UHF/VHF port will go to the tv2 location. The sat will go into a triplexor(just a diplexor and seperator combined). The two sat in cables go into property tuner slots, and the VHF/UHF port goes into the ch 21-69 out port. That will give you two tuners, two tvs, and signal properly split. You may need to do a little rewiring since you had a hopper install, and the requirement is different(2 wires come from dish to control up to 4 tuners, where with a 222 you only need 2 tuners or 1 port on the LNB). That is the simplest way.

Or instead of the coax to head out like that, you can use just RCA cables.

In that case a single cable from dish to a seperator. Then RCA out to tv2.

For maximum picture quality, I was going to run RCA cable (yellow, white, red) from the TV2 outputs on the receiver to my TV in the bedroom. I don't believe for this portion, I will need any additional cable (except for the RCA cable itself).
I agree. That is exactly how I hooked up my ViP722k.

I have downgraded to the Welcome Pack. This package doesn't include the DVR fees that the other package I had did.
Since when? Dish still charges me a $7 per month DVR fee on my ViP722k with Welcome Pack. Did you switch receivers before you downgraded your package? That would have eliminated the DVR fee.

I agree. That is exactly how I hooked up my ViP722k.

Since when? Dish still charges me a $7 per month DVR fee on my ViP722k with Welcome Pack. Did you switch receivers before you downgraded your package? That would have eliminated the DVR fee.
He is going from a hopper to a 222

He is going from a hopper to a 222
I realize that. Re-read the part of his post that I quoted. He made it sound like the programming package is the reason for not having a DVR fee. I was thinking that he must have switched receivers before changing the programming package, and that is why he is no longer seeing the DVR fee, not because he now has Welcome Pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts