help :) How can I record ONLY TT and not all computer sounds?

spt72

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Hi, have a sort of perplexing issue hoping someone can help me with.....

I need timetrax to record ONLY whats on Timetrax.... not general computer sounds, anything streaming through Internet Explorer, anything playing on Windows Media Player, etc... JUST Timetrax..

Ive always only been able to record from Timetrax by itself. Even the general computer beeps (such as when a CD if finished on Nero) always record. Its like it records every sound I hear.

But next weekend - with American Top 40 on XM - I want to be able to "tiemshift/record" it all (its a 3-day marathon) while also being able to use the Toatl recorder software to record from an IE stream and a Windows media stream.

So, to make a long story short, how do I set it up to where the ONLY thing TT records is the sound coming through Timetrax and not all sounds coming from the computer?

Thanks!
Shawn

From your Windows "Volume Control" switch it to Recording and turn off anything that's checked except for the Line In.

One would have thought that would be the DEFAULT setting if the RECORD button was clicked and that TT would complain bitterly if Line In wasn't the ONLY recording source.

Instead it silently sits there PRETENDING it is recording while some other source (e.g. wave) is recorded.

If a new version is ever released, I hope this oversight is fixed. :hatsoff:

On mine I actually think its "Auxilary 2" and not "Line In." I have a SoundBlaster Audigy and it comes into the computer via RCA cables.

But, yeah, I think that should work.

thanks,
shawn

Yes, since you have multiple audio sources with the Audigy then, yes, it would be called something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts