Help: HR22 Splitter Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

U235

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
I just got my HR22/DTV setup installed, replacing my Dish setup.

With Dish, I was running an RF modulator taking my RCA signals and running them back into the coax lines.

Back in my closet (where all the coax runs), I had a splitter. It had a DC-Pass from the satellite signal (from roof) to the coax running to the satellite receiver in the living room. It had another UHF port that would run to the second TV. It worked perfectly.

It looks like this:
2314_0.jpg

Now with DirecTV the satellite signal does not appear to be making it through the DC pass. Everything else is working, for instance I can get the UHF to the second TV, but when the splitter is installed the satellite immediately goes out, but the program guide is visible on all TVs.

Since it's an IN/OUT with DC pass, just installing this should not block/filter the signal going from the roof/dish feed to the satellite receiver box in the living room. I know the splitter I'm using on the receiver side (with the RF modulator) is fine as it operates properly in all ways.

I looked online and it seems the DirecTV compatible splitters are the same as the one I have: 5-860MHz and 950-3000MHz.

Even the one pictured says "DirecTV compatible" and it's essentially the same as what I have: RiasCRAZYdeals.com - EAGLE ASPEN D2200 DIRECTV-APPROVED SINGLE DIPLEXER EASD2200

The only unknown is this black, powered box they installed in the closet. It takes the satellite input from the roof and then outputs another thing to the TV. It's powered so I'm wondering if it's amp'ing the signal and the splitter can't handle it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here's more data:

The black box says Power Injector on the back, here's a pic of it:

PowerInserter.jpg

The coax on the left comes from the satellite dish outside. The coax on the right goes to the satellite receiver.

This works fine, but if I disconnect the coax on the right and run it through that DC pass on the splitter I lose satellite signal.

Actually everything is working now. I have the two splitters in there installed as I mentioned in the original post. The problem is when I plug the RF modulator in, it kills the satellite signal.

I'm using the Radio Shack one which someone on here recommended.

Ok, got it running. Although the quality of the RF modulator leaves something to be desired, it is all working now. The power inserter appears to be the obstacle in this scenario. I moved it from in the ON-Q system to the living room. At first I put it in between the splitter in the living room and the receiver and I had problems, but I moved it on the other side of the splitter and it's all working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts