Help! I hardly have any channels anymore!

bettebogart

Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Hello,
My signal began to go out a couple weeks ago to the point that I now only get my local channels on 119 and the 110 channels. My signal strength is great for 110, like near 100%, for 119 it is 75% for some channels (the ones I get) and 35-45% for other channels, I do not get these or they go in and out. I thought it might be some branches from a tree in the way... so I had a guy come out and he cut down a couple trees and trimmed some branches... I think he got the right ones (not totally sure), but it made no difference at all. I called Dish and they said it sounds like a cable problem. Went up on my roof and switched out ALL the cables, this is not the problem. Called again and they said it sounds like it could be a bad horn... I have an extra one so I went on the roof again and switched out a different horn, that's not it either! :no What on earth could the problem be??? Dish now says they will charge me just to come and look at the setup, then charge me again depending on the problem. I am seriously considering just switching to DirecTV so I can get their new customer deal and a fresh setup and even their Tivo thing, which I do not have with Dish... But jeez... What could it be??? I miss my TV!!! Help me please! :( Anyone? Advice? It's been awhile since I watched all my fave channels! My Soapnet, my Lifetime, my Food Network, my TCM, my BBCA... I'd be most grateful for any advice or anything...
Bette

I had similar symptoms when a SW21 switch went bad. Turns out that it had a leak that was letting moisture in. Eventually it failed completely. It's worth checking if there are any outdoor switches in your setup.

Bob H.

Ditto. I bought a cheap replacement SW21 from eBay, replaced the original, and the problems were gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)