help, Im going crazy.

aocspectrum7vlra

Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I am trying to install a second Satellite/receiver on my garage/shop. My friend gave me his Sat Receiver and dish. He jumped companies, and I know the two worked up to three weeks ago when it was pulled down.

Anyhow, I mounted the dish and hooked it up to the receiver and tv, right outside next to the dish so I could see.

I used to move all the time and have done self installs many times, but this unit is a little different than my home unit.

It has one molded lnbs, where my home unit is a two piece. The new one has one cable connection on each of the units, where my home unit had two.

I didn’t know any better so I hooked a sw-21 to the two cables and did a switch test, it found nothing. I then looked on the net and discovered I did not need the sw21 I had just bought so I hooked up one of the cables direct, with no switch.

I ran the test again and it could not find the switch. I tried locating the Satellite by just setting it to look for 119, and could not find anything, I mean nothing. Not a wrong satellite, I mean nothing.

What am I doing wrong, help help help.

I am pulling my hair out.

Should it find the switch even if I don’t have signal from the satellite?

Thanks a bunch

If the DP Twin is good it should do two tests and show the LNB as a DP twin with no signal if it does 38 tests you have a problem with the DP Twin or the cable going to it. What model receiver are you using?

the 4900 wont work with a DP Twin without an adapter (DishPro adapter. that runs about 60 bucks or so). You need Legacy LNB's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)