Help - Install next week what should I confirm

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I've read about people missing parts, installers not having the right stuff and delayed installs.

I'm taking a 1/2 a day for this and want to confirm ahead of time they have everything.

I'll be getting:

1 622 hooked upto 2 TV's
1 SD Box, not sure which

I live in South Lyon, Michigan, 48178 so I think I get away with a single Dish 1000.

What should I confirm parts wise?

Thanks

All you need is a dish 1000 as they support up to 2 receivers. That 1000 probably wont be on the work order but my installer had one added the same day and got another installer to bring one over, and so far most people have had the installer fix the work order the same day.

good luck and enjoy your 622!!

Jason

Make many follow up calls on your order!

I ordered my 622 last Tuesday, and the tech that took the order sounded like he knew what he was doing. I asked about the Dish 1000 and he said that was included in the $299 upgrade fee, so I thought all was well.

I made a follow up call Friday asking for the tracking number for the receiver. The tech told me that she did not have that info, but noticed that the first tech had set the install date but had not included the Dish 1000 in the work order. She added the Dish 1000 to the work order, then said that their records said that the 622 would be delivered this coming Monday, March 13th.

I still didn't feel comfortable without the UPS tracking number so I made another follow up call today. I got the tracking number and again verified that the Dish 1000 had been added to the work order. After checking UPS I then found that the 622 is scheduled to be delivered this coming Tuesday, not Monday.

Needless to say, I recommend that anyone ordering anything from Dish make many follow up calls to insure that what you have been told is in fact going to happen. Without the follow up calls I would have have been waiting on the wrong afternoon for UPS to deliver the receiver, plus the installer would have not brought the Dish 1000 out on installation date.

I called Dish last night...they told me that my 622 was never shipped!

I talked to Tech Support and the person was very helpful. She cleared up the problem, gave me a tracking number and the unit is already at the depot waiting to be delivered Monday.

They didn't say anything about sendind me a Dish 1000. I'll call back today.

They did say there was a shortage of 44 switches but for my setup they told me to insist on a 34 switch if there was a problem that it would work, just an extra line.

The 622 reciever is the only part of the install you should recieve through the mail. I would call dish to see if a Dish 1000 is on the workorder, though the workorder could be modified if the tech shows up and doesn't have one on his workorder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)