Help Installing 61.5 Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rmorton0573

Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
NC
I currently Have a Dish Pro Dish and a 625, 510, & 311 receivers, Exactly what kind of setup do I need to install a 61.5 Dish for Sky Angel programming, that will show on all receivers, and maybe later down the road for HD. I currently have a D* Dish, will this work for 61.5, with Dish Pro, and if so what kind of switch do I need.

Thanks in Advance,

rmorton0573

a dish300/500 legacy or DP like you have will all work on 61.5
If you have a DP quad lnb you do not need a switch at all--Id recomend this; the simpler the better

You can also use a DP 34 to get your 4 outputs needed, but thats not going to be much cheaper than getting a quad lnb and it is one more component that can eventually go bad.

do you have a switch right now?

With 3 recievers, you either have a Quad or a DP34 switch

If it a dp34, just add the 61.5 dish (you need a DishPro LNB)

If its a quad and you want it on all 3 receivers, you will need a DP34

Iceberg said:
If its a quad and you want it on all 3 receivers, you will need a DP34

you will not need a dp34 because quad lnb's are internally switched like the twinswitched lnbs on the D500

hopefully i didnt read somethin wrong and make an ass outta myself since im the new guy here

40_oz said:
you will not need a dp34 because quad lnb's are internally switched like the twinswitched lnbs on the D500

here is why he needs one
Exactly what kind of setup do I need to install a 61.5 Dish for Sky Angel programming, that will show on all receivers

with 4 receivers he needs a DP34. 2 lines from the Quad go into the switch along with one ouput of the 61.5. This gives him 3 satellites on 4 receivers. The 61.5 would only have a dual output. If he had only 2 receivers, it would be a couple DP21's....but with 4 outputs, he needs the Dp34

40_oz said:
hopefully i didnt read somethin wrong and make an ass outta myself since im the new guy here

har har
I called it :D

I was taking his original post to mean he only wants sky angel, no 110/119 or anything

Since you have a dishpro quad on your dish 500 dish you will need a dishpro dual lnbf for your 61.5 dish and a dishpro 34 switch to combine the two dish's. Hooking up is important so be sure to write this down, ports one/three on the quad must go to sat port 1 on the switch, ports two/four must go to sat port 2 on the switch and the dual lnbf line must go to sat port 3. Once you have the 61.5 dish up and the switch installed you must then run a check switch on each reciever, to do this take your remote(s) and hit menue 6, 1, 1, and then select check switch. You should have verified 119 all, 110 all, 61.5 all with device types of dp 34, dp quad, and dp dual, if you get double of one sat then your wiring at the switch is wrong and must be set up as I have stated.

One more thing, if you want more recievers then you will need a second dp34 switch and just link the two switchs together with three coax jumpers, if you have the fortune of trump you could run 24 tv's off of this 2 dish setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)