Help! Is NASA TV down? Tonight is the big night.

Jeffdbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
I am showing NASA TV (213) down on Dish Network. Tonight is the Cassini probe touchdown on the Saturn moon of Titan LIVE. I have waited seven years since launch to see this moment. Can anyone tell me if DirecTV NASA channel is OK. I have called Dish Network and I am told engineering is working on the problem. Got my 510 PVR to record touchdown tonight but technial difficulties stand in my way. Thanks for any information.

Jeffdbs said:
I am showing NASA TV (213) down on Dish Network. Tonight is the Cassini probe touchdown on the Saturn moon of Titan LIVE. I have waited seven years since launch to see this moment. Can anyone tell me if DirecTV NASA channel is OK. I have called Dish Network and I am told engineering is working on the problem. Got my 510 PVR to record touchdown tonight but technial difficulties stand in my way. Thanks for any information.
Back on at 7:30 central BUT I dont see the touchdown listed tonite any idea what time it is?

TRIDO

8 hours 20 minutes till touchdown. LIVE programming starts a few hours before touchdown. Thanks Dish Network for fixing the problem.

If you dont see it live you can bet that they will have repeats of the touchdown. I heard about this but didnt know that it was tonight. Thanks for the heads up. I am up and am realizing that its expected to land in half an hour. That does not mean that we will receive the data from that satellite right away as it would probably take several hours to receive a data transmission from that far away seeing how it takes around 10 minutes to get one from Mars and Saturn is a bit farther away than Mars is from us.

After over seven years in space, the critical part was that the pyrotechnics that released the Huygens probe on Christmas worked properly. I am just thankful and proud that I could be part of launching Cassini and that it has been succesful in returning all the scientific data that was planned so far.

There were many, many critical parts to this mission. Any of which would have failed the mission

semi related topic, I hooked up a vcr for the first time in a couple of years tonite decided I needed to archive to my panny dvd recorder... first tape I got had some family stuff and the Challenger disaster recorded live from C-band Nasa select feed when it occured... I ended up watching the whole thing sparklys and poor pq anyway... 40 some odd minutes worth...

dfergie said:
semi related topic, I hooked up a vcr for the first time in a couple of years tonite decided I needed to archive to my panny dvd recorder... first tape I got had some family stuff and the Challenger disaster recorded live from C-band Nasa select feed when it occured... I ended up watching the whole thing sparklys and poor pq anyway... 40 some odd minutes worth...

I may be wrong but I am thinking our United States are down to three shuttles. It's time Americans get back into the pilot seat and restart going back into space. Everywhere we explore in our solar system their is a reminder that time is very short.Just look at the asteroid impacts on the moons and planets. Just ask the dinosaurs. Man-made satellites and civilization is only a speeding rock away from extinction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)