Help me 'move'!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapaj

Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I got Directv installed this past Tuesday. I'm trying to 'move' to get HD locals in another market. I called Directv today to request to change my service address. The lady I got did not want to help me. I explained that I have another residence and I'm taking my receivers to the other residence. She put me on hold and then came back and told me I couldn't do it. She said I would have to create two accounts to do that. She also said she was in the billing department and couldn't do it anyway. How the heck do I get this done? What number should I call and what option should I press? Everyone else made it sound so easy to change service address, but I get someone who won't do it. If I call back and try someone else, will they see notes on my account about what I called and requested?

I got Directv installed this past Tuesday. I'm trying to 'move' to get HD locals in another market. I called Directv today to request to change my service address. The lady I got did not want to help me. I explained that I have another residence and I'm taking my receivers to the other residence. She put me on hold and then came back and told me I couldn't do it. She said I would have to create two accounts to do that. She also said she was in the billing department and couldn't do it anyway. How the heck do I get this done? What number should I call and what option should I press? Everyone else made it sound so easy to change service address, but I get someone who won't do it. If I call back and try someone else, will they see notes on my account about what I called and requested?

That was the correct procedure you just got a bad customer service representative. Just call them again and hopefully things will go your way.

That was the correct procedure you just got a bad customer service representative. Just call them again and hopefully things will go your way.

He said he had another residence, he didn't say he moved. If you have two residences, you are supposed to have two accounts. The csr did it right. He should have said he moved. The horse may be out of the barn now.

I would call the same number, but ask for Technical Support. They can do all the same stuff and more than CSR. Every time I contact Directv I ask for Technical Support, even though it may not be a technical question.

He said he had another residence, he didn't say he moved. If you have two residences, you are supposed to have two accounts. .
Exactly! Rule number 1 Never give too much information. You say I moved to a new house,This is my new address, my equipment is all hooked up and I want my areas local channels. Thats It ! Paperless billing is also a plus,Auto pay really helps keep the secret.:)

Exactly! Rule number 1 Never give too much information. You say I moved to a new house,This is my new address, my equipment is all hooked up and I want my areas local channels. Thats It ! Paperless billing is also a plus,Auto pay really helps keep the secret.:)

Exactly. Just say you already moved and have everything setup already. (you really do, right?, where you are at?) Give them the "new" service address but tell them to leave the billing address the same. That way bills come to your *cough, cough* billing address (reall address) while your services match your "service" address.

He said he had another residence, he didn't say he moved. If you have two residences, you are supposed to have two accounts. The csr did it right. He should have said he moved. The horse may be out of the barn now.

Damn I misread that part. Hope I was corrected in time to prevent even more damage.

Hey, I got it done by sending in an email requesting the change. It was done about 24 hours later. If anyone wants to see the email I got from them, PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you. Thanks everyone! It works great, I get all the locals HD.

Glad you got it fixed, and I also hope new people that want to do this read the first post as what NOT to say!

Glad you got it fixed, and I also hope new people that want to do this read the first post as what NOT to say!

Here is the exact text I emailed them and it worked. (They changed my billing address too, so I had to change it back on the website.)

Effective 11/15/2008, my employer is temporarily moving me to another address and I want to bring my service with me. I want to keep my primary billing address the same during this assignment.

Please change my service address to:
XXX STREET
San Antonio, TX 78240

Here is the exact text I emailed them and it worked. (They changed my billing address too, so I had to change it back on the website.)

Effective 11/15/2008, my employer is temporarily moving me to another address and I want to bring my service with me. I want to keep my primary billing address the same during this assignment.

Please change my service address to:
XXX STREET
San Antonio, TX 78240

I'm getting D* installed in Alaska. How does D* do the locals are they spot beamed or can I move to Los Angeles and get LA locals? E* uses spot beams, so there aren't any other options for Alaska.

I was able to find that D* does spot beam like E*, but are the major markets like LA available nationwide? I know E* used to do that?

Yes the local channels from L.A. and NYC are available nation wide, but they are not included with the package. I believe its 3.99 per channel.

Big 4 NY & LA

are conus. It appears Directv is keeping these conus as backup when a local area has a technical problem. They switch on the NY or LA feed to the local subscribers till the problem is solved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)