Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I have a 7.5' dish and a coolsat 6000
I have 92% level and 88% quality
but I don't know what setting I should put on the receiver
to get any channels
or how can I get the c band channels
thankyou

For Ku band you need a LO of 10750 for a standard LNB or 10600 for a universal LNB.

For C Band you need a LO of 5150.

Do you have any switches?

what kind of switches
because I got like 18 channels but none of them I can see there all scramble
For Ku band you need a LO of 10750 for a standard LNB or 10600 for a universal LNB.

For C Band you need a LO of 5150.

Do you have any switches?

this is what I have for settings Glenbrook loop test
satellit 116.8W satmex 5
lnb on
lnb type single
lnb freq 10.750
22khs off
Diseqc switch off
legacy sw off
what do I need to do to get the c band channels

It probably has a CBand LNB, are you using the same dish for Ku band (A CBand LNB will not pick up Ku band signals and the same for a Ku band LNB will not pick up C Band signals)?

116.8W satmex 5 does not have very many FTA channels and it is hard to receive if you do not live in the Southern US.

that answers my questions thank you for your replys
I leave in los angeles area but I steel need the c band lnb.
thank you for your help.
It probably has a CBand LNB, are you using the same dish for Ku band (A CBand LNB will not pick up Ku band signals and the same for a Ku band LNB will not pick up C Band signals)?

116.8W satmex 5 does not have very many FTA channels and it is hard to receive if you do not live in the Southern US.

actually Satmex 5 C-Band has a bunch of Spanish channels on there and the footprint is very good. Its KU Band that sucks in the northern states ;)
SatelliteGuys.US - 116.8°W SatMex 5 C

for the OP change the LNB LO to SINGLE and 5150

Sorry :), I forgot to say Ku band is hard to receive, but your in Los Angeles so thats not a problem.

I can pickup a few FTA channels on 116 Satmex 5 CBand with my 1.2 Meter dish.

Iceberg - Why does your link look funny :( Let's see what happens when I post the same thing: 116.8°W SatMex 5 C (My link looks right :))

I dunno. I did a "copy link" and hit paste

But yeah the C-Band stuff is pretty strong. I can get that stuff in MN with 50-75 quality on the Pansat and a 6 foot dish

thankyou gabshere for your reply
when I put the satmex 5/c on the upper right corner comes Glenbrook loop test is this right?
or I have to aim the dish?
menu -> dish settings -> make sure sat is here and arrow down to LNB freq adjust that to 5150 and save & blind scan

if you are on sat 116 satmex5 at transponder 4010 vertical you should get (mexicanal net) mexicanal channel

i'm still looking for a glenbrook loop
if you goto manual scan
so you can arrow down and left or right through the freqs to see if you have a mexicanal

All I can get is lifetime c3 wgn looptest and glenbrook looptest
I think I have aim the dish don't you think
and thank you for your help.
gabshere
if you are on sat 116 satmex5 at transponder 4010 vertical you should get (mexicanal net) mexicanal channel

i'm still looking for a glenbrook loop
if you goto manual scan
so you can arrow down and left or right through the freqs to see if you have a mexicanal

for a big dish to move you must have either a v-box , an analog receiver or a hand crank

are you using something to move the dish ....actually sounds like your pointed at 125 W glenbrook loop test & lifetime c3 are on that satellite g5 on older analog receivers (galaxy 14) on newer dvb receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts