Help me understand the phoneline thing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NO NO NO
The additional outlet fee"not phone line fee" fee is STANDARD. It is only NOT charged if you do not connect a phone line. Again ONLY on dual tuners. It is a "perk" to having a dual tuner and a phone line connected. ANd is a standard charge for ALL additional tuners which are NOT dual.

Here's the problem with that reasoning. We've been over and over this. It is a discount if the customer is told the full price at point of sale, and told that they can SAVE $5 per month if they connect to a phone line. This is never the case. The price advertised and the price they are quoted is assuming the receiver is connected to a phone line. They aren't told about the price difference if they fail to do so. The mention of the phone line requirement is usually "forgotten" or glossed over. (Either way, the customer is ALWAYS very surprised when I inform them of the situation at time of installation.) At this point it becomes a CHARGE not a discount, because the price given was assuming the phone line is connected. This is simple logic.

Yep, Dual Tuners: not enough money for the work.

Now that part I disagree.

Would you rather deal with two single-tuners vs. one dual-tuner...all for the same pay? Think about it. With a dual tuner you can get away with having one of the televisions being RG-59. Hell...you practically could use telegraph wire.

Yet another perk for a dual-tuner; how often does a customer have a television in a kitchen or even in a garage? Given the option, you bet I'll make those televisions a TV2, as opposed to risking a receiver on the countertop where ANYTHING could get spilled on it (can you say instant TC 12?)

My personal favorite "trick"...centrally locating either a 625 or 322 in utility closet or shelf in the basement. Voila! Instant, out of site...out of mind. No clutter of receiver at either television

Two single tuners: not enough money for the work.

And how do you deal with the remotes when putting the receiver in the basement? Charge them for another UHF? How much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)