Help me with this equipment please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Columbus
So I work for McDonalds Corporation, and we used to use Hughes Direcway dishes for our broadband service. We have since switched to a different service using DSL, and now the owner wants to get rid of the dishes. They seem to be 36" dishes with the gigantic monster-sized laser pointing 1950s LNB on it. I know the system is set up to send and receive data.

What else can be done with these units? Can they be used for FTA if set up with a receiver. I am assuming they can, and I am trying to get one of these bad boys for myself.

The LNB had this info:
P/N: 1025901-2001
Rev: C
S/N: 102XXX

and another piece attached to the LNB said:

P/N: 1024572-0002
S/N: 52XXX
NJR2144HH

Any info would be GREAT! THANKS!

The white Direcway dishes will work for FTA, the elliptical shaped dishes will do a good job on most signals. (I have one, it's somewhat hard to point, due to the mount being built like a bulldozer frame) Seems to be a little undersized, compared to the more round primestar dishes that a lot of us use, but it's acceptable. You can disconnect the transmitter part of the lnbf, and lose about 15lbs of weight, too. The best part is the dish skew is adjustable, so it makes for a good fixed dish-set the skew and forget it, until you decide to move it to another bird. The lnbf is good, one output will give you both polarities of signals, no need for an external switch.

I suppose you could try eBay.
Those in the know probably wouldn't prize them too highly.
Shipping costs would make them hard to move.

If I had a bunch, I'd just offer them to fellow SatGuy's members in the area.
A lot of the nice folks on here have done that.
Sometimes just to lure new members into the hobby. :cool:
In the last six months, someone sent me DVDs, and a motor to play with.
I sent someone an LNB, and some DVDs of special shows they missed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)