Help merging GloryStar with 2nd Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

alemmoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
pottstown,pa
I have a GloryStar Satellite AV system with 2 dual LNBNs and a Geo units and a 4x4 switch.
Iwant to merge it with a Hot Dish 90 and an Invacom Quad LNB. I will be only using the 2 Lineal ports, not the Circular ports. I will not be merging this with my Dish Network System.
I have 3 GloryStar GEO 1100C receivers, that I prefer to use over my 2 new Sonicview 360s.
The Blind Scan does not work and they are not user friendly. Will the GEOs receivers handle the total Merger?
I need help with a diagram and set up instructions/ adjustments for this combination.
What switch do I need,where do I get it and what are the settings I make on receivers?
I searched the posts for switch diagrams , but didn’t find any for my application.
Thanks In advance :) :) :)

Why not a second 4x4 switch on the Invacom?
That would give you four outputs, of both linear and circular (don't say "no" to circular).
Since your two Glorystar LNBs are SL2's with their own 4x4 switch...
All you need to pull it all together are some 4x1 diseqc switches.
You'd just need a subset of this wiring system:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/134124-switch-setups-simplified.html#post1344316
That switch FAQ should give you a good understanding of the basics to invent your own layout, but the post above pretty much covers your situation.

Sorry for typing error, I have not one, but three Geo recievers hooked up to Glorystar. The 4x4 switch input ports are filled up. I understand that I need the 2nd 4x4, 22 k switch and 4x1 Diseqc switches for each reciever to merge the Invacom.
How do I know which GloryStar LNB to switch off or which to switch on?

Also, since the Invacom is a all in one LNB with 4 ports, How can I set one part of the LMB for off, and another for on?
Until I can locate my south for the second dish, it will not have a motor.
Thanks in advance

one more time:

See my post/link above.
My designated A & B LNBs are your existing Glorystar SL2's.
The left 4x4 multiswitch is the one you have.

Next LNBs, labeled C & D are the circular and linear outputs of your Invacom.
They hook to an additional 4x4 multiswitch.

Ignore LNBs D, E, F, and G.
correction: "Ignore LNBs E, F, G, and H."
Ignore the two 4x4 multiswitches to the right of the drawing.
Your subset is LNB A, B, C, and D...
....and the two 4x4's on the left of the drawing.

All the 4x1 diseqc switches are required.
One for each of your four receivers.
That is all the hardware required, and that is how it's connected.

As to how to select any LNB from any of the receivers, there is a table in that post.
Set your receiver accordingly.

There are no 22khz switches used, other than what is built into the 4x4's.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Turn of the OTA Automatic Update feature if you are programming the GEOSATpro DVR1100c receivers in the Glorystar mode to operate additional switches, scan additional satellites and add additional channels. If you are operating the GEOSATpro in the Advanced Hobbyist mode you do not need to disable the OTA Automatic Update as it defaults to the Manual Update mode. You may choose to update the receivers firmware manually at any time, but be sure to back up the channel list to USB and reload after the update is complete.

If you wish to use the OTA update feature for future Firmware releases, make sure that 22KHz port two and/or DiSEc port two is connected to a dish aimed at Galaxy 19. If you modify the satellite list, keep Galaxy 19 in position one.

Anole,
When I go to your referred post, I can’t find a similar diagram to my situation. I have a total of 3 receivers, (not 4 receivers). What diagram should I be looking for? The diagram that I see has LNB’s marked A to H not A to G.
Would you identify it by any heading or identifcation of that page or draw my situation for one thick German.
When I purchase another 4x4, will a 4x4 purchased from Radio Shack work or must I purchase one like I did before from AV Satellite?
As you can tell, I am confused. :confused: :confused: Thanks again

Anole. Thanks, That works for me.:) :)
What is answer regarding my question on which switch to buy?
If the Radio Shack 4x4 switch is compatable, it means I will get one tomorrow verus waiting 2 weeks for a mail order.
I want to get the correct 4x4 the first time.

If R/S has any, it's probably old stock.
My local store closed them out ... maybe a year ago...?
Or, you may have a franchise store, which could have other things that company stores don't have.
I don't particularly remember a 4x4.
So, Iceberg is probably right!
Thought they only had a 3x4 (which is really a 2x4).

If I had a spare, I'd shoot it to you and you'd have it by Wednesday. :cool:
That's what I did for a buddy in need of an LNB last week.
Got it to the PO by 2, they had a 4 pm drop-dead time, and Fred had it Wednesday morning.
LA to St Louis in 2 days! :D

Call up SatAV and Sadoun and see what they can do for ya.
UPS is kinda slow, but if either vendor would take it to the Post Office Monday afternoon and send Priority Mail, it'd go in a $5 box, and you'd have it in 3 days.
The magic phrase is: "USPS Priority Mail, Small Flat Rate Box" (about the size of a VHS cassette box).

Call our sales department first thing tomorrow morning and request USPS priority and ask the rep if they could mark the item as a priority order. It will be out the door tomorrow afternoon.

I understand that you require more information before ordering equipment.

Are you planning to use a motor? If so, which receiver will control the motor? If you are not going to use a motor, you shouldn't need to have both linear and circular polarizations available.

If you are planning on having a motor and require both linear and circular polarities available from the Invacom QPH-031, the system will need a second 4x4 multi-switch connecting the 4 ports of the LNBF. Three 2x1 DiSEqC switches will be used to connect each receiver to the Glorystar multi-switch and the QPH-031 multi-switch.

These choices will affect how we would suggest that you wire the system. I can draw something up if you need additional clarification.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts