HELP! My install tech can't do the job! (722 install)

toddjb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Germantown, MD
Okay...getting a second HD DVR today. Here is my current setup if anyone can lend a clue I can pass on. In the past I have always had a great dish install guy who knows way more about these things than me. Not so this time around, the intaller doesn't know how to send my 722 output to a second TV over my house wiring. This is crazy...

Okay...things are now connected, as expected.
-722 in the basement, running to one TV.
-622 on the second floor, running to one TV.

I would like either of the receivers (don't care which one) to have the HOME DISTRIBUTION output running back into my house wiring. Along the same line that the antenna inputs are coming into the receiver on.

Can I do this?
I think I can do this pretty easily with a diplexer or two, but the tech didn't know what I was talking about. He was a Caribbean guy (heavy accent) and had trouble understanding what I was asking him.

In case anyone here is confused, here is the point. Occasionally you are watching a show in one room and need to continue it in another room (cooking dinner, going to a quieter TV room, tending to children, etc.) So, I have always had my second receiver coming in on an Antenna B input on my TV so at least one of the viewing rooms has the capability of viewing both receivers.

**** EDIT - deleted a lot of junk as I figured most of it out ***

Wow...I just spent 90 minutes trying to explain this to my installer and he couldn't do it. WTF? I ended up with a guy who was only trained to plug in cables!

Anyway, I finally relaxed and figured it out myself. Put one diplexer at the receiver I wanted to pull the extra RF signal from, and put the other diplexer where I wanted to "mux" it together with the satellite signal.

This is all common knowledge to most of you.
And sure as hell should have been to the installer.
But I had to figure it out on my own (and it still took less time than trying to explain it).

Last edited:
Sounds like you got it figured out ok.

Yes it's to bad there are so many installers that do not get the proper training.

Yes, it was very frustrating.

Everything is installed now and I am amazed how nice the picture is on the new 40" Bravia LCD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)