Help needed aiming D1000.2 Eastern Arc

HenryTS77

Original poster
May 6, 2012
United States
Ok - I recently purchased a Dish Network VIP 222K (dual tuner model) with a D1000.2 dish with Eastern Arc setup. I have had Dish Network receivers before and have used their Aiming Dish function to aim the Dish. However with the VIP 222K it comes with a "Setup Wizard" which insists on downloading a software update BEFORE it will allow me to to do anything but if I can't aim the Dish how do I get the software update :mad: . Is there anyway around this stupid setup wizard or am I stuck getting a meter ( not locally - the only ones that have one one locally is Rat Shack and it is just a basic one for $45. I am in the 13206 and have my dish set for 40/183/83 (EL/AZ/SK) and yes-the mounting bracket/pole is level/plumb.The Setup Wizard fails at installing switch because the dish is not aimed. Any advice would be appreciated!

You should be able to bypass the wizard by hitting *,menu on the #1 remote. Then the point dish screen should be option 1 on the menu that comes onto the screen. You'll want to tune the dish on the 72 orbital. I usually use transponder 15.

THANKS - just wondering which Dish I should select as it does not offer a 1000.2 but a 300,500,Super. BTW - you are the FIRST one to let me know how to get around the setup wizard - others said it was not possible!

as far as selecting the dish it doesn't matter. That's more for finding out the settings the dish needs to be at, which you already seem to have done. Shouldn't have any problems getting a signal once you're pointed correctly.

Thanks for your help -I was able to get to the Point Dish menu and at least get 72.7 Sat tuned in-unfortunately 61.5 won't come in no matter what I try but at least 72.7 gives me most of the channels .

From behind the dish, cover up the right lnb (61.5) with aluminum foil.

If you still have 72.7 signal then there may be a problem with the 61.5 lnb or with the internal switch.

If you lose 72.7 it means you're about 10 degrees too far west and a little bit high on elevation (picking up 72.7 on the 61.5 lnb).

Yeah these things can be a little bit of a pain to tune even with a meter. I was gonna say a couple degrees down on the elevation and a bit to the left. Provided your clear of trees/obstructions you should be able to get it. Signal strength in the 60's on the 72 is higher than what I normally see in my area. Anything in the mid 40's is more than enough.

a 1000.2 dish won't pick up the eastern arc. you will need a 1000.4 with an EA LNB. the 1000.2 will pick up the western arc of 119/110/129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts