Help needed for getting 61.5 Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HenryTS77

Original poster
May 6, 2012
United States
Ok - I have a VIP 222K with a 1000.2 EA dish and I was able to finally get 72.7 in at 60% but no matter what I do I can't get the Sat at 61.5 to come in. I have the dish set at the numbers as specified in the installation book except I had to raise the elevation slightly to get 72.7 up to 60%. I tried changing the skew slightly as I read somewhere but still nothing. When I do a switch check it only shows 72.7. I have a single coax run from the first connector of the LNBF feeding into the supplied triplexer (sp?) and connected to the 2 Sat inputs on the receiver. I noticed that the first output of the LNBF is labeled 72.7 and the 2nd 61.5 - would I be better off doing a 2 coax run from the individual ports to the 2 inputs on the receiver. It seems that 61.5 is mainly locals but I also noticed channels missing (I got the promo that gives me the Everything package at the 250 price so all channels should be available). ANY hints,tips,techniques would be GREATLY appreciated!

Where are you Located. I'm on the west coast and get 61.5 just fine. 61.5 is a lower satellite than the 72.7. Try pointing at 72.7 and then turn the dish slightly on the left and 61.5 should start coming in. The LNB has an internal switch I believe. I have the three LNB eastern arc

Where are you Located. I'm on the west coast and get 61.5 just fine. 61.5 is a lower satellite than the 72.7. Try pointing at 72.7 and then turn the dish slightly on the left and 61.5 should start coming in. The LNB has an internal switch I believe. I have the three LNB eastern arc

I am on the East Coast - Central NY-now by turning the dish slightly left are you talking skew or azimuth ?

He meant azimuth. Set the skew per the manual and don't touch it. It will throw your other sats out of whack if you move it.

1000.2 is for WA 110/119/129
DISH in their infinite wisdom has come up with an Eastern Arc version that uses the 1000.2 larger dish pan combined with a 2 satellite LNB aimed at 61.5 & 72.7. Just more confusion in their dish numbering system.

DISH in their infinite wisdom has come up with an Eastern Arc version that uses the 1000.2 larger dish pan combined with a 2 satellite LNB aimed at 61.5 & 72.7. Just more confusion in their dish numbering system.

Dish came up with EA 1000.2 version. The pan is smaller than the 1000.4 and points to 61.5 and 72.7 without an input for the wing dish. If I had a choice to buy the dish I would go with 1000.4 version as the pan size is larger for a greater coverage. I had the 1000.2 Eastern Arc with the three LNBs installed in Los Angeles (I know this is a wrong install) and the numbers were at best in lower 20's and a few TP's at 15's. Since I upgraded to the 1000.4 version, they are all up in the mid 30's which is just fine.

I definitely have the 1000.2 with the EA with the 2 LNB setup and I tried turning the Dish to the left as suggested and nothing. I presume 72.7 is being received by the correct LNB as the installation summary shows 72.7 on Port 1 and Port 2 shows Conn (whatever that means). If worse comes to worse could I throw a DP single LNB on my old Dish 300 dish and feed that to my Sat input 2 on the receiver or would I need to use a switch??

You may actually get a better signal with the two-lnb D1000.2 for EA because the 3 lnb version is a more severe compromise with focusing, having to try to focus a signal from 3 sources on 3 lnbs with one reflector, whereas the D1000.2 EA only has to focus 2 signals on 2 lnbs, thusly it does not have to be so large to do the same job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)