Help needed

bugbug

Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
New to this forum, with question about my system
I currently have a 501 & 2700 receivers connected to a dish 500 w/ Legacy dual LNBF.
I want upgrade my current system with a 721 receiver.
I already have the double cable present where I’m planning to use the 721 receiver
Know I am going to need a multi dish switch to get 721 to work properly.
My question is, which multi dish switch do I need to purchase, that is compatible with the Legacy dual LNBF & the 721 receiver. Or do I need to Upgrade from the Legacy LNBF to get the 721 work properly
Any assistance will be appreciated
Jeff

You have some different options:

(1) Get a legacy Quad (FIRST RECOMENDATION - CHEAPEST AND EASIEST ROUTE)

(2) Get a legacy SW-44 switch, legacy SW-64 switch (SECOND RECOMENDATION)

(3) Put up another legacy Dish 500 for your 721 (THIRD RECOMENDATION - If you put the Dish 500 up yourself otherwise you would have the additional expense of having the second Dish 500 put up). Sometimes you can get these for little or nothing. If you can install this yourself and get one real cheap then this may be the best recomendation for you if you do not mind having another dish up. This is what I have done in the past myself. <If you get a Dish 500 with a DishPro twin or DishPro lnbf's then you would have to get a DishPro adapter for your 2700.>

(4) You can get a DishPro quad which has the built in switch. You would need to get a DishPro adapter for your 2700. <This may be more expensive than 1, 2, or 3>

(5) Swap out your two legacy lnbf's with a DishPro lnbf and get a DishPro 34 switch. The 2700 would require a DishPro adapter if you go this route. <This may be more expensive than 1, 2, or 3>

That option would be the most expensive of all but its an option. One beauty of the DPP44 switch is that you can use a DPP seperator and use only one wire for each dual tuner receiver.

Also you could probaby get enough out of your 501 and 2700 to get a 522 which has two tuners with two tv outputs. You would also save $5 a month on the additional outlet fee if you have it hooked up to a phone line but get charged a $5 VOD fee unless you have the AEP package. You would pretty well break even on the charges as a result but have an extra tv capable of DVR functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)