Help - New 622 and New Toshiba 42" LCD HD

adrnln1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Chantilly, VA
When the program is not created for HD but is put on an HD channel I use the "Stretch" mode to fill the screen but either the last 1/8" on the right side or the last 1/8" on the top doesn't get filled and it flickers white.

Is there a way to vertically and horizontally adjust the screen like on a PC monitor? This doesn't happen on my second 622 and rear projection HD TV.

Thoughts? Help?

The problem is with the Toshiba. I have one with a VIP211 attached. This occurs when I have it set to NATIVE (I believe, not in front of set). Usually run it NATURAL which takes care of it. I do not know of any other way to eliminate the problem. Otherwise no other problems found. I have three 1080P sets, only occurs on this one.

I just saw the following on the cnet forum...

"I purchased the Toshiba 42HL67 REGZA about two months ago and I am very happy with it. I know that the 42HL67 doesn't display 1080p. However, it does accept the 1080p signal."

Ok, now I am confused and over my HD head.

Can someone clarify?

I think what he is saying that the tv will accept 1080p form hd dvd or blu-ray. It will still show it in 1080i. There are no tv providers showing 1080p.

My Toshiba set also had a problem where the Toshiba would try to automatically select a screen setting, and would choose "4:3 HD". Somewhere in the settings buried there is an option to not automatically do this.

If you find yourself constantly having to switch aspect ratios, look for such a setting!

"I purchased the Toshiba 42HL67 REGZA about two months ago and I am very happy with it. I know that the 42HL67 doesn't display 1080p. However, it does accept the 1080p signal."

Can someone clarify?

I have the toshiba 42hl167 and it does display 1080p from my ps3 (at least it says it does when I hit the info button) also these sets are known for a green push and I put a calabration disk in and I Have to say its a VERY good set!

Can someone clarify?

It cannot display 1080p because it is a 720p display.

It downconverts 1080p to 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)