OTHER Help New To Free Satellite TV First KU Band Dish Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, have you tried blind scanning? It can help to blind scan, move the dish a bit, then blind scan again. Repeat this changing azimuth or elevation a very little each time. Maybe your dish pointing for some reason is just not accurate.
Thanks so much for your help! I have tried blind scanning, but unfortunately, without luck.

To add to the previous posts:

Chicking the azimuth direction: On Dec 17, 97W should be at the same azimuth as the sun, at about UTC 19:09 hours (at 40.7N, 74.0W).
Source: Satellite Look Angle Calculator
Just subtract the difference of your local time with UTC, to find your local time.
(Put some string or some tape from the top of the dish to the LNB, and then at the proper time, the shadow of that string/tape should be exactly at the center of the dish.)

Does that seem about the angle that you have for your dish, ATM?

Signal strength on your photo indicates there is a good LNB connection.
12152H20000 is indeed on 97W, according to lyngsat (but I cannot confirm, myself).
So I see nothing wrong, on those points.

Can you maybe take one or more pictures of the dish, from the side, and from the front? So that we can have an overview of how that looks like?

Greetz,
A33
Thanks so much for your help! I truly appreciate it! That sounds very interesting! Certainly haven't gotten to try that as of yet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)