Help, Newbie Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuclearwerewolf

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have set up a Fortec Star Mercury II Motorized FTA Satellite System (#2?)
I am not sure why but I am getting 40% Signal, 0 to 1 (Flickering) Quality Signal. I have no clue as this is my first time setting any of this up on if my configuration is proper. What I do know is that I followed directions as much as possible.

I do have signal from the Satellite to the Receiver so I do have that part hooked up. It will go from east to west when I tell it to with my remote.

Not sure what's going on. I do have the Invacom Quad LNB.
Again, I have no clue.
Anybody seen this issue before or know what could possibly help my scenario?

I am getting no channels even after doing a Scan for Satellites (all).

I have set up a Fortec Star Mercury II Motorized FTA Satellite System (#2?)
I am not sure why but I am getting 40% Signal, 0 to 1 (Flickering) Quality Signal. I have no clue as this is my first time setting any of this up on if my configuration is proper. What I do know is that I followed directions as much as possible.

I do have signal from the Satellite to the Receiver so I do have that part hooked up. It will go from east to west when I tell it to with my remote.

Not sure what's going on. I do have the Invacom Quad LNB.
Again, I have no clue.
Anybody seen this issue before or know what could possibly help my scenario?

I am getting no channels even after doing a Scan for Satellites (all).
"Signal" only means that the LNB is hooked up to the receiver. I would suggest that you remove the motor and set up to only one satellite to start with. You need to have the receiver set up to a live transponder on the satellite you choose. When you get the dish aligned on that satellite the "Quality" meter is what you want to watch for. Once you have quality - then do a blind scan. When you have learned how to set up a system for one satellite then you can think about doing it with a motor. With a new bee just installing for the first time, it is just tooo much to learn with a motor. Read this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/148354-newbies-gone-wild.html
good luck and
Welcome:welcome
Bob

Welcome, seems daunting at first, once you get your first blind scan to reveal channels...it's a gas. WESCOPC is right about using KISS at first, fewer bread crumbs to follow.

Welcome, seems daunting at first, once you get your first blind scan to reveal channels...it's a gas. WESCOPC is right about using KISS at first, fewer bread crumbs to follow.
Yes, simpler the better. Also do everything you can to keep the dish mount on the ground if you can help it. :)

I had pointed my DirecTV dishes (TV & DirecPC) in the past, but that didn't really prepare me well enough for mounting a motorized 36" dish 21 feet in the air on the side of my house. Unfortunately that is the best spot to get most of the arc.

Start out on the ground and with just the fixed dish setup if you can. Finding your true south satellite from the top of a ladder is tricky the first time you do it.

Attachments

• resized-IMG_7179.JPG
    resized-IMG_7179.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 115
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)