Help - off-air connection

kengaz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I have a dish 500 with a wrap around antenna for off-air stations. I just put a DPP44 on the dish since I can only have one cable inside the house.

In the house the cable from the wall is attached to a power inserter, which in turn has a cable to a separator and from the separator to Input 1 and Input 2 of a 921 receiver. Before the 921 I had a 510 receiver and used a Diplexer to separate the incoming cable between TV (off-air) and dish (satellite) connection. Now the question is where do I put the Diplexer? I think I have three choices:

a. On the incoming cable just before the power inserter so the ‘satellite’ port goes to the power separator and the other to 8VSB-TV 921 connection.
b. Between the power inserter and the dpPlus separator, again the satellite output going to the separator and the TV to the 921 8VSB-TV connection (someone suggested this might take away some of the power).
c. On one of the separator’s tuner cables (‘satellite in’ 1 or ‘satellite in’ 2), then on the Diplexer the satellite lead goes to the related tuner input 1 or 2 on the 921 and the Diplexer TV port to the 921 8VSBB-tTV connection.

Will one of these work?

The diplexer has to be "inboard" of the rest of the stuff - and the diplexers must be DC-passing on the satellite side. The VHF/UHF signals are not likely to be passed by the E* equipment. That also means the diplexer has to be "closer" to the house than the DPP44.

Does that mean I cannot access the off-air antenna unless I can run a separate cable into the house (which I cannot do)? So off-air is out of the equation

Thanks - I have a hard time understanding the technical terms and stuff. Your diagram is appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts