Help on what to buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edpena

Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Reno
Hello I had a 10 ft unimesh dish given to me I have dish network now and what to go with free to air and want the same and more channels what equipment do I need im buying new and what to get it right the first time thanks for your help Ed. reno nv

If you want 'the same and more channels' , you may be confused about what free to air really means. Unfortunately, the people who hack free to air receivers like to use that term to describe their theft of scrambled video services. Free to air means free unscrambled signals that are available from many different satellites, and it is legal.
You can get many digital signals with a free to air receiver, using your big dish on c-band. If you add a ku-band lnb to your system, you can more than double the amount. Live sports feeds, news and variety channels are there. The List, is a good place to look, check the FAQ section here. edit to add : The List is under the Sticky thread section..

If you want the same channels, don't cancel your Dish Network subscription. And use the 10' dish to supplement that programming. There are so many ways you can go with a big dish with equipment, I won't get into that. Read and read some more and decide for yourself?
You can also get a 4dtv receiver and get some/most of the Dish Network programming at a cheaper rate (but still subscription), or get some Ala-Carta programming, so you don't have 50 channels you never watch? Only problem is 4dtv equipment is not cheap, but over time it will pay for itself.
And remember FTA is not for everybody. It doesn't mean FTS (free to steal), it means FTA (free to air) which is ITC (in the clear) programming. If you expect to get your Dish Network programming for Free, you are wasting your time and our time? Good Luck!

Al

Thanks for the reply Turbosat Im not looking to get it free I know Ill have to pay but from what Ive been reading I can get what I have now for half of what Im paying now from what im reading I can get all pay channels for what im paying now 80.00 a month.Voomvoom You are right I get 200 channels now and I use maybe 30 of them with the bud I can pay for what I want Im asking for spacific recivers and such im new to this I dont have a clue to what I need thanks again Ed

Thanks for the replys Guys Im not asking for progammers list or channels thats a no brainer its cheaper. I have done the reserch on this part that is why I what to go with the big dish.And im not looking to STEAL anything Im just wanting to know about equipment that I will need the best to buy for the buck so im not buying unneeded or the wrong reciever so I dont end up buying again becuse I didnt get it right the first time.So Im asking you guys that know and have the experiance Thanks again Ed

The 4DTV receiver is prob what you want for the most variety of pay=programming. They are expensive, sometimes deals can be had on craigslist or ebay, buyer beware. I'd want to be sure, if I ever decided to get one for myself, and buy one from NPS or Skyvision, or some other known dealer. This will get you c band, digital and analog signals , if you add ku lnb to your dish-ku digital and analog also. The descrambler is built-in.
There is also the new X4-package that works on one ku satellite, with sev programming packages available from skyvision. A 1m ku dish/lnbf parked on one satellite will get you many channels, No need for dish motor, or wiring into the bigdish system.

So if I get a motorola dsr 922 I will not need a vcrs decoder or anything Will the dsr922 run my dish mover 36 vt motor or will I need something else to run it Thanks Ed

If you subscribe to analog (Videocipher2) programming, you will need a VCRS module. But, if you are only subscribing to digital (Digicipher2) programming, you won't need a VCRS module. If you want to go for the HD programming (not a whole lot up there) from Digicipher2 subscriptions, you will also need an HDD200 Decoder for the 4dtv.

Al

Thanks voomvoom thats the imformation I was looking for I know what to get now for the programing I want thanks again Ed

You have to know this also: ESPN will not sell to us any more on c-band =they claim the 4dtv won't handle the blackout rules they enforce. You can get ESPN Classic, and espnews I think, but the reg ESPN is not available except by Dish/Directv or cable customers. That has turned a lot of home-sat owners against 4DTV. Most everything else, you can subscribe to, including tons of movie channels(but no PPV is avail either)
NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band will give you some ideas of the programming packages available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)