Help please - Viewsat Pro + Invacom QPH 031 Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kusat

Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Anyone has the Invacom Quadpolar successfully working with Viewsat Pro? I am not able to get it working properly; may be because the LNB type selection is not correct in the receiver menu. I would highly appreciate it if you could post the antenna settings you are using for both Circular and Linear polarized satellites.

Thanks!

10750 LNB LO for linear
11250 LNB LO for circular

each satellite that you set up needs to have one of these depending on the satellite. Most are linear

10750 LNB LO for linear
11250 LNB LO for circular

each satellite that you set up needs to have one of these depending on the satellite. Most are linear

Thanks Iceberg, but when I select those LO Frequencies, the LNB voltage does not change to 13V for vertical polarity selection; it stays at 18V always. However, selecting 11250 Legacy Twin for CP switches the voltage, but satellites are still not found. There is no similar selection for 10750 though.

For each satellite, you must program the following:
Select LNB type STANDARD
Select or Input the LNB LO frequency (Circular-11250 / Linear 10750)
Select the Switch type and port (example DiSEqC #1 Linear port / DiSEqC #2 Circular port)
Turn the LNB Power ON
Select an Active TP frequency

For each satellite, you must program the following:
Select LNB type STANDARD
Select or Input the LNB LO frequency (Circular-11250 / Linear 10750)
Select the Switch type and port (example DiSEqC #1 Linear port / DiSEqC #2 Circular port)
Turn the LNB Power ON
Select an Active TP frequency

Thanks for your help, but it appears that your instructions do not pertain to the Viewsat Pro receiver. Unless I am missing it, this receiver does to have a plave to set the LNB type to "STANDARD". Everything else has been set as instructed except that the LNB is directly connected to the receiver from the C or L output of the LNB depending on the satellite being aimed at.

The receiver shows a signal level of 76% and Quality of 0% irrespective of the azimuth setting or even the LNB frequency choice. I am almost sure either the LNB or the Receiver is bad; don't know which one though. Any suggestions or help to isolate the faulty piece of hardware?

Thanks again!

If the menu works like the Ultra menu, under the Installation=Antenna setup screen, just scroll down to LNB Type, using the arrows on the remote, then right/left arrow changes the lnb type options. That's if the menu looks like the VS Ultra, since its brand new it may be totally different.
I'm sure there is a way to change lnbs though.

If the menu works like the Ultra menu, under the Installation=Antenna setup screen, just scroll down to LNB Type, using the arrows on the remote, then right/left arrow changes the lnb type options. That's if the menu looks like the VS Ultra, since its brand new it may be totally different.
I'm sure there is a way to change lnbs though.

Thanks for the help! I figured out the setup, but the menu is not like you described. There is no place to select the LNB type alone; the LNB type is combined with the LNB Frequency and appears under the "LNB Frequency" menu. Before I have tried all 11250 options under that (for DSS) and failed. With this setting, a few measurements using a multimeter showed the 18V/13V switching not working properly and the signal level stuck at 76%. The voltage seems to get stuck in a random fashion at either 13V or 18V with each reboot and was not switching according to the V and H polarity change of the channel being scanned. Selecting the LNB type to 11250 Legacy seemed to switch the voltage, but the signal level was stuck at 76% and quality at 0%; no luck getting any satellites.

Finally, chose 11250 and set switch type DiSEqC 1.0 on; now the channel scan was showing the correct switching of voltages. Removed the meter and connected the LNB cable to receiver with the dish being at the same position as it was when all the previous testing was done. Magic! Signal is now 86% and Quality 76%. Did a channel scan without even adjusting the dish and all channels came in.

So in short, the DiSEqC 1.0 must be turned on even if there is no switch used in the setup!

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)