Help! Please

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
We are in NW British Columbia, the Tailgater will not work. So I brought out the tripod and the Dish 500. The setting for the elevation is 23 degrees no problem at about 152 degrees azimuth. But the skew stumps me. It says -3.8, you guys now that the standard Dish has no negative numbers what does this translate too? We are in a little town called Toad River. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I could be way wrong on this but I believe that if you stood behind the dish you should adjust the skew to the left (counter clock wise) for -3.8 degrees. If someone else knows better please post and help this guy out.

I could be way wrong on this but I believe that if you stood behind the dish you should adjust the skew to the left (counter clock wise) for -3.8 degrees. If someone else knows better please post and help this guy out.

Yes, you are way, way, wrong.... The Tailgater is whole different animal. The OP is too far out of the CONUS beam to get a signal. It's that simple..

This will give you some idea of CONUS coverage....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...Y&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E14_CONUS.jpg

If you read his post he is saying that he is now using a Dish 500. He may very well be outside of the coverage of the satellite but his question about -3.8 still deserves an answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)