Help pointing Dish please!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AUTIGERS1101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Zip - 35806
Dish system - 500
tuner input - 01
spotbeam - 29
satellite - 110

the strength is around 70, and every once in a while it cuts off, how can i aim it better?

What is your signal strength on transponder 11? (a conus transponder?) It could be your are aimed pretty good but not in the spot beam. Looks to me like that zip is on the fringes of spot beam 11 transponder 29. That could be your problem. Try TP 4 or27 for a local spot beam.

But if you really just want more singal from tp 29 and you have peaked the dish properly, you may need a larger dish like a Dish 1000.2 or 24" individual slot dish.

See ya
Tony

Transponder 11 is at 89-91 range
TP 4 is at 65-66
TP 27 is around 80-82

I dont know how to change the spots or anything, so once you figure out the problem could you please tell me how to aim it differently if it needs it or a link to another thread that tells about it?

You are aimed pretty good. All you need is a little tweaking. (move the dish very slightly left or right and watch the signal on a CONUS transponder go up or down. ) The signal strengths you mention are on the low side of good for that part of the country. You also have to keep an eye on the 119° signal strength and sometimes split the difference between 119 and 110 signal strength.

Conus Use transponder 11 for both110° and 119° to make it easy on yourself. If you are getting signal on both with your dish 500, you are aimed properly. You just have to tweak.

You cannot change the spot beam you are in. Spot beams come fromt he satellite. Several transponders are broadcast to only specific parts of the country and reused in others. This is the only way to be able to get all the local channels up there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts