Help, Quick Please!

jaschier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Because of what I feel was a stupid move by Echostar, I have to cancel my service and must go with Cox. I live in Roanoke Va, and subject to their programming/hardware. I basically have no experience or research of them yet, other than having their service 2 years ago for a very short period of time. Back them, the picture was bad on analog channels and the receiver seemed about 10 years old in regards to its features and interface- no picture in the guide, couldn't change it's direction (channel numbers increasing vs decreasing, no dvr available, etc).

Basically I believe I will be bundling services, digital cable plus cable telphone plus internet, but not 100% if i'll be getting their cable internet.

I only need 2 rooms, one of them a DVR receiver, i believe only has 40 hours compared to my dish522 with 100hours. no hd needed. I may get 1dvr and one regular rec, or 1dvr and use svideo to the main room, and run coax out to the 2nd room, and rent an extra remote and buy ir-to-uhf pyramids. It's ok if we have the same picture in both the bedroom and living room.

What should I order and what deals/specials are there to be had? I know what programming I want, what can I do to get the best deals and is there anything I should know about either the service/hardware or anything else before signing up? Thanks for all the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)