HELP: R10-250 wrong satellite table!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gszczesz

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I'm at my witts end... I just spent 1.5 hours with advanced technical help from DirecTV, and here's what we found:

My R10-250 HD TiVo is accessing the wrong satellite when tunning in to the HD programs! They didn't know how to fix it.

Here's the satellites that my TiVo is accessing:
ESPN 73 = 110
UHD 74 = 110
DHD 76 = 119
HDMovies 78 = 110
HDNet 79 = 110

Here's what DirecTV says it should be accessing (which they verified with an HD receiver of their own):
ESPN 73 = 119
UHD 76 = 119
DHD 76 = 119
HDMovies 78 = 110
HDNet 79 = 119

Why are the satellites my unit is trying to access wrong? How the hell do I fix it?

Background: I have 3 dishes connected to a switch:
Dish 1 = Dual LNB pointed at 101
Dish 2 = DirecTV Multi-Satellite Dish pointed at 119
Dish 3 = DirecTV Multi-Satellite Dish pointed at 110

Right now only Dish 1 and Dish 2 are connected, and my TiVo is set up as a 2-satellite system. All transponders are over 80 strength and the satellite test passes o.k. for both.

I do not have a Sat C combiner, I have the Terk BMS-58 switch. Right now I only have 101 and 119 sattelites connected and set up as a 2 satellite dish on my TiVo so a combiner is not necessary. If I connect the 110 satellite I do loose half of the 119 transponders, but there is nothing on those that I care about.

DirecTV had me varify proper reception of 119 satellite by going to channel 400 and seeing if the Spanish channels are there. Also, channels DHD (76) and PPV (99) (which come only on 119 and 110 respectively) were used to verify proper satellite reception. When tuning in to say ESPN (73) and then going to "Test satellite signal strength", the satellite and transponder it would be on would be the wrong one. Stumped the DirecTV people...

Greg

gszczesz said:
I'm at my witts end... I just spent 1.5 hours with advanced technical help from DirecTV, and here's what we found:

My R10-250 HD TiVo is accessing the wrong satellite when tunning in to the HD programs! They didn't know how to fix it.

ESPN 73 = 110
UHD 74 = 110
DHD 76 = 119
HDMovies 78 = 110
HDNet 79 = 110

Here's what DirecTV says it should be accessing (which they verified with an HD receiver of their own):
ESPN 73 = 119
UHD 76 = 119
DHD 76 = 119
HDMovies 78 = 110
HDNet 79 = 119

Are you sure? From what I've heard, D* moved all of their HD programming over to the 110 satellite except for Discovery HD. Perhaps that technician made a mistake. I'd get a second opinion.

gszczesz said:

ESPN 73 = 110
UHD 74 = 110
DHD 76 = 119
HDMovies 78 = 110
HDNet 79 = 110

ESPN 73 = 119
UHD 76 = 119
DHD 76 = 119
HDMovies 78 = 110
HDNet 79 = 119

Why are the satellites my unit is trying to access wrong? How the hell do I fix it?

Background: I have 3 dishes connected to a switch:
Dish 1 = Dual LNB pointed at 101
Dish 2 = DirecTV Multi-Satellite Dish pointed at 119
Dish 3 = DirecTV Multi-Satellite Dish pointed at 110

Right now only Dish 1 and Dish 2 are connected, and my TiVo is set up as a 2-satellite system. All transponders are over 80 strength and the satellite test passes o.k. for both.

I do not have a Sat C combiner, I have the Terk BMS-58 switch. Right now I only have 101 and 119 sattelites connected and set up as a 2 satellite dish on my TiVo so a combiner is not necessary. If I connect the 110 satellite I do loose half of the 119 transponders, but there is nothing on those that I care about.

DirecTV had me varify proper reception of 119 satellite by going to channel 400 and seeing if the Spanish channels are there. Also, channels DHD (76) and PPV (99) (which come only on 119 and 110 respectively) were used to verify proper satellite reception. When tuning in to say ESPN (73) and then going to "Test satellite signal strength", the satellite and transponder it would be on would be the wrong one. Stumped the DirecTV people...

Greg

Do you have a LOS problem that requires you to use multiple dishes.

Well, I got my dish temporarily over to the neighbours yard and was able to fully debug my situation.

1 - The technician was wrong: all but 1 HD program come on the 110.
2 - You don't need to hit the 119 in order to receive the 110 programs.
3 - There is a satellite between 110 and 119 that the TiVo strength meter registers as the 110, although it will fail the satellite o.k. after. Furthermore, that satellite has the Discovery HD channel that is carried on 119 on it, but located on a channel frequency below that used by DirecTV and it gets properly decoded.

So all my problems arose from the fact that this other satellite was able to be decoded (at least 1 of its channels) making me and the tech think I was hitting the 110 properly. Go figure.

Greg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)