help required (from low tech tv watcher)

davidandbess

Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Hi everyone is it possible to tweak with your external dish to recieve other local channels
We recently moved 10 miles and still had our preferred local channels,my g/f came to see me in uk and got her service suspended when they reconnected we had friggin these so called local channels that were miles away from us on contacting d/network they said it was the local channels for our area.

Thanking you in anticipation Disgruntled viewer

Local stations can be received 2 ways, by an Over the Air antenna or if Dish has a feed from the local stations and rebrodcast them to you. I don't completely understand what you are asking, if you were receiving local stations via Dish, but not after moving 10 miles, perhaps you are in a different area now and if they have boundries, you are in those boundries. Can't they give you a choice ?

What city and county did you live in and what city and county did you move to. You may have moved DMAs when you moved.

they say the local channels they provide are the norm for our area and yet when we moved the 10 mile down the road at first we were still getting the good old channels,it was not until they reconnected us(after coming back from uk) that they said we had no option I just thought there might be a way of tinkering with the dish to receive the other channels

davidandbess said:
they say the local channels they provide are the norm for our area and yet when we moved the 10 mile down the road at first we were still getting the good old channels,it was not until they reconnected us(after coming back from uk) that they said we had no option I just thought there might be a way of tinkering with the dish to receive the other channels
Sound like what you need to do is "move". Change on paper the address that is used for calculating what City's broadcast signals you receive, but keep your billing address where it is now. :)

Where I install ( mainly three counties ) I am right in the middle of three network markets (Missouri: Joplin/Pitsburg, KC, Springfield). We have had some customers receive wavers and get KC locals in Joplin/Pitsburg market area with additional cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts