Help setting up BUD and Fortec Lifetime rec.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larry-darryl&darryl

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hi folks... just joined as my time to date was spent dealing with my FTA Fortec reciever and the multidish (wish I had that cash back). I have the multi dish pointing at two sats and am happy with the channels I am getting but I have done a few favors for some others in town and scored a 10' dish and an old echostar SRD 4000 reciever. I have been reading alot but cant seem to get a handle on how I can integrate this dish into my setup. I have run the C band and the KU band coax cables on the two free ports on my Descq switches. I know that the Horn needs its own power so I tried to line in the power from the old reciever thinking this might get power to the hown and I might be able to then try and align the dish. I succeeded in frying one of my switches so now its time to ask for some help.

If someone out there knows what I am trying to do by this sem i cryptic post, and can explain it in simple terms or better yet direct me to a picture of how I should be setting this up I would greatly appreciate it. Switches are 45 buck a peice and the wife wont let me make too many mistakes :)

I await the wisdom of all.

I'm running a Uniden receiver (C Band only) and feeding a Fortec Ultra on the C-band side.
I put a splitter with one side power pass in the line to let the Uniden power the LNB,
(and control the polarity servo) and feed the Fortec with the isolated side. For C-Band only you can turn the LNB power off in the Fortec. If you have a Ku LNB on the analog receiver set the Ku side up the same, and use a DiSeqC switch between the splitters and the Fortec to switch the Fortec's single input. All the C-Band sats would be pos 1, and all the K Band pos 2. LNB power needs to be ON in the Fortec to operate a DiSeqC switch.

larry-darryl&darryl said:
Hi folks... just joined as my time to date was spent dealing with my FTA Fortec reciever and the multidish (wish I had that cash back). I have the multi dish pointing at two sats and am happy with the channels I am getting but I have done a few favors for some others in town and scored a 10' dish and an old echostar SRD 4000 reciever. I have been reading alot but cant seem to get a handle on how I can integrate this dish into my setup. I have run the C band and the KU band coax cables on the two free ports on my Descq switches. I know that the Horn needs its own power so I tried to line in the power from the old reciever thinking this might get power to the hown and I might be able to then try and align the dish. I succeeded in frying one of my switches so now its time to ask for some help.

If someone out there knows what I am trying to do by this sem i cryptic post, and can explain it in simple terms or better yet direct me to a picture of how I should be setting this up I would greatly appreciate it. Switches are 45 buck a peice and the wife wont let me make too many mistakes :)

I await the wisdom of all.

See my post at
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=84309&page=2&pp=15

It is about Pansat , but Fortec will be the same .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)