Help setting up gal10r

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never got a signal on my meter for G10R but I just gave up and did a blind scan. I got one TP with 4 channels, 2 scrambled. I figured out what they were, peaked elevation and skew then move the dish a tiny bit and did another blind scan. FoundI was going in right direction re-peaked and moved over some more. Scanned and NUTZ-- had White Springs. Went back the other way and got UW! Adjusted skew and rescanned and had them all!----- Squealer Meter still would not respond, but I repeaked and called it a day.... Hm... I think I finally got the reason why people think BlindScan is SO important::: it is because it is!

I've not had luck with those squealer meters either Pop. I guess I just don't have the knack for them either.

I do know one thing. It's really easy to end up too far as you realized. It's wild how much 5 or 6 or even 10 degrees really is. Seems like just a hair movement is a really long way, and I know that it is when magnified to the thousands of miles out in space all those birds are!

I only moved it a tiny bit to go past it, and i just lightly slapped the back of the dish to get in right on. Then the wind came up and the roof moved! SO---

Well, my second time of setting up, I used the Mercury II. I had scanned it in before I took down the dish from the power shed roof. I moved it to the big shed wall, leveled the post mount and then rotated the dish, watching the TV and Q meter. It was almost boring. It took longer to hook up the coaxes then to tune it in!

I find that using a receiver and small TV/monitor out at the dish site is the fastest and most reliable way to tune a dish (unless, of course, you're dealing with a Satpros for your receiver :eek:)... Only thing better would be one of those positive ID satellite meters, because they are portable and battery operated :)

I find that using a receiver and small TV/monitor out at the dish site is the fastest and most reliable way to tune a dish (unless, of course, you're dealing with a Satpros for your receiver :eek:)... Only thing better would be one of those positive ID satellite meters, because they are portable and battery operated :)
tron that is the only way i could get the sats as well.

That's one thing I love about this viewsat>it displays the satellite name if you are on an active tp on a sat. Except it always has ID'd Gal 11ku as Echo5 for some reason, guess nothings foolproof.

Thanks everyone, had to leave it for a while for other things,life keeps getting in my way:D Anyway my son bought the same dish and lnb so I went over to his house he has a coolsat 6000. He kept his eye on the signal while I moved the dish side to side and up and down .Nail it in no time at all pulled in 42 channels if that sounds right? so I am going to pull my lnb and put it on my sons dish just to make sure that it's good also whats interesting is the elevation marks on this dish where I received the signal was 12 degrees at the centre of the bolt strange but I guess you never know with a no name dish. After I check the lnb I will try mine again and let you know:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)