Help setting up sg-2100, no manual

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I need some help setting up my sg-2100. I have no manual. Does anyone have a manual?

My true south is 82w, Long is 81.5, lat is 32.4 N. what should my dish ele be?

Is there a thread that lists the satallites that are in the arc for a motorized dish?

Start here...
Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values
Enter your location "32.4, -81.5" and select your motor from the Sat List, motors are at the bottom of the list.

Should come up with:
Motor Latitude: 32.4° do not use the Motor's Elevation scale
Declination Angle: 5.3°
Dish Elevation: 25°
Elevation: 52.3°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (mag.): 186.2° using Compass
LNB Skew: 0.0°

Dish Skew: 90.0°

Only need stuff in Bold.

What LNB and receiver are you using?

I need some help setting up my sg-2100. I have no manual. Does anyone have a manual?

My true south is 82w, Long is 81.5, lat is 32.4 N. what should my dish ele be?

Is there a thread that lists the satallites that are in the arc for a motorized dish?

Jason, check the FTA manuals section to get the manual in PDF.

Lak7, Thanks, that was exactly what I needed. I think my dish ele might be 2 degrees off and I still am not sure my dish is pointed due south but I am working on it.

It is my understanding that not all satellite are in the motorized arc. I was wondering if there was a thread that could tell me which ones are and which ones arent. Jason

Please dont laugh yourself into an asthma attack but I have been having difficulty finding 129 for white springs. Funny thing is, I have put dishnetwork up professionally for 4 years. I have spent about six hours working on pointing 129 and have verified it with my circular lnbf and a dishnetwork reciever but still couldnt get it. Your help today did help me get white springs as it just popped in with a blind scan. Believe it or not I have had that motor sitting outside where I had ripped it off the pole for about a year maybe a year and a half. Spent weeks trying to get the thing to turn. It was my original attempt at FTA. Turns out I didnt know hot switching would ruin a recievers ability to use a switch or motor. My bad. But its working now. Just going to start scanning sats. Thanks, once again. Jason

Well it was working last night fine. Sucessfully scanned in several satellites. Now it seems that the motor might have slipped. Ever hear of that?

Yes, the wind will catch mine sometimes, pushes it just enough. I'm always afraid of over-tighnening the bolts.
Have it go to you South Sat, see if you still have Signal.
Try to visually check that it's at Zero.

Man, you must be a satguys junkie! Boy am I glad. Didnt expect to hear back from you untill tonight. I will check it right now and get back to you in a few.

I dont think it was the motor. I bent the dish back to the direction I thought it should go and its recieving again. I think I will reinforce polar plate somehow. Thanks, Jason

Samsonite 30", its not warped. I have to straiten wildblue dishes everyday. However I have figured out that it is 2 degrees off. pointed at 123 with motor and getting strong 121. so maybe the motor slipped a little? I dont know. any ideas?

thanks for the backlash info. Right now its stable, no wobble. Now how to fix the motor once its 2 degrees off?

Let USALS drive the Dish to 123 and adjust motor mount to best Q, and tighten up.
Then use a Marker / Paint to mark it's position, if it moves again you'll have something to reference to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts