HELP: Sign up for Dish today, or wait until tomorrow?

hanesj75

Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Hello all,

Long-time lurker, first time poster... :)

I'm thinking about signing up for Dish Network to get out from under my excessive Comcast bills.

I'd be interested in what I believe is currently called DishHD Bronze, or tomorrow will be AT100 + DishHD, for one TV. I'd want a 622 so I can watch and record HD content. No need for locals, I have an OTA antenna.

The question is, is it better to subscribe to today's pricing structure, or wait until tomorrow's changes? Is there a difference? I'm interested in keeping the above system as cheap as possible, so what about ClubDISH? And is there any way out of the $199 "lease upgrade fee?"

Thanks all, what a useful forum,

-hanesj75
Indianapolis, IN

Wait till tomorrow and you can get a free 622. Your monthly costs would be the higher price as of Feb 1 whether you signed up today or tomorrow.

I've asked a similar question in a few other threads bowens, but I just signed up and had my install this past thursday (6 days ago) and didn't know if dish would offer any recourse for people that just missed the feb 1st deal date for new installs. I paid 200 up front, (really 250 if you count activation), and was credited the 50 for activation as well.

What do you think?

Hello all,

Long-time lurker, first time poster... :)

I'm thinking about signing up for Dish Network to get out from under my excessive Comcast bills.

I'd be interested in what I believe is currently called DishHD Bronze, or tomorrow will be AT100 + DishHD, for one TV. I'd want a 622 so I can watch and record HD content. No need for locals, I have an OTA antenna.

The question is, is it better to subscribe to today's pricing structure, or wait until tomorrow's changes? Is there a difference? I'm interested in keeping the above system as cheap as possible, so what about ClubDISH? And is there any way out of the $199 "lease upgrade fee?"

Thanks all, what a useful forum,

-hanesj75
Indianapolis, IN

Info from Dish says that all new subscribers as of 2/1/07 will be able to get the 622 for free. There IS a difference in pricing structure, but it really won't matter whether you subscribe today or tomorrow in that the increases will affect you either way. You might as well wait until tomorrow, get your free 622, and have the option of signing up for the DVR Advantage program that starts then as well.

I've asked a similar question in a few other threads bowens, but I just signed up and had my install this past thursday (6 days ago) and didn't know if dish would offer any recourse for people that just missed the feb 1st deal date for new installs. I paid 200 up front, (really 250 if you count activation), and was credited the 50 for activation as well.

What do you think?

Well don't they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee? I don't know that they would let you turn around and sign up again, though. The only other think I would say is email ceo@echostar.com and see if they'll do anything for you.

What do you think?

You got beat....you should have waited...sorry I didn't see your post earlier...

Well don't they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee? I don't know that they would let you turn around and sign up again, though. The only other think I would say is email ceo@echostar.com and see if they'll do anything for you.

I can just imagine them saying..."oh..yeah..we'll give you your $250 back because u signed up 6 days early."

Well, to me it's not the out of pocket costs... I mean, there are supposed to be rebates that lower the regular monthly bill for 10 months, thus giving me back my 200 dollars or whatever...

It's actually the monthly costs... I guess now if you get the new offer, you get your locals included, and this would fix these ota "recovered" messages that I keep getting.

right?

-EDIT: I sent off an email. I hope something good comes out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the posts - this is very helpful!

So as of tomorrow, the $100/$200 promotions are gone, right? In other words, I can't get a free DVR AND get $20/mo off an HD programming package?

Just checking... thanks again!

-hanesj75

Hi I am new and wanted to sign up for dish, and called to do so on Monday and the CSR I spoke with told me to wait til Thursday because I would get the free 622 AND the rebates still. I even had her clarify that to ensure that I was getting the ViP622 receiver AND the 20/mo. rebates... (HD gold with locals and HBO free for three months.) she said yes. They were continuing that promotion and adding the free 622. I was still skeptical at that point so I had her add some notations to the account stating that this is what I was told. So.. yeah wait until tomorrow.

hanes, the promotions are not gone tomorrow, it's the upfront lease fee for the hd-dvr that's going away

wait until tomorrow

Hrm... I was under the impression that the monthly credit rebate was ending today, when the free dvr took over tomorrow.

Hanes, the only thing in your case that will be changing is the 622 will be free tomorrow. The package price for you (AT100 + HD) with the DVR won't be any different from what Bronze package with DVR is today. You will still be able to get $20 off your bill per month for 10 months. That program has been extended at least through May 31st.

yes, for those that haven't done a Dish'n it up already in the past year

$149 Upfront
-$50 Dish'n it up credit
-$100 HD Bonus credit ($10 over 10 months

thats just stupid , dish trying to make it seam like you "get $150" when you Get nothing!

I'd take it....I paid 199 for mine...I'd take the $50 and then $10 per month for 10 months is great. Especially when they increased my bill to uhhhh...ummm....i don't even know what it is now...

Howdy. new Satguy guy here. Does anyone know if Dish will credit me the $199 for the 622 and still give me the $20 HD credit for 10 months since I joined Dish on Jan 5th? I figure I have till Feb 4th to tell them I'm cancelling if they dont give me same deal everyone else is getting starting today. Guess I should just call them and find out - lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)