Help...superdish DN & FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rahim

Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Hi,
I'm subscribing to DN and they will install a superdish for me as well but I like to get some FTA from middleeast. Is this possible with my new superdish? What else Do I need? (Ilive in N. California)
Thanks,

Yes it's possible but not both at the same time. Unless you enjoy going outside and adjusting azimuth, elevation and skew every time you swap between your Dish and FTA receivers you would want a motor.

And of course you need an FTA receiver.

I moved this to the FTA area since I figured you guys could help the OP out with setting up a FTA system.

You can get programs from the middle east on FTA (Telestar 5), but you cant get stuff from the Middle East…confused yet? : )

As long as the channel is broadcast on a satellite here in the US, you can pick it up. Satellites that are aimed at the Middle East you cannot get due to the satellite footprint.

any possibility that I could get FTA from middleeast on my new DN receiver? I'm trying to find out if it is possible to get some FTA on the same DN receiver and equiptments.
Thanks,

Rahim said:
any possibility that I could get FTA from middleeast on my new DN receiver? I'm trying to find out if it is possible to get some FTA on the same DN receiver and equiptments.
Thanks,

No, because they use different equipment and channels are located at different satellites.

You will need another FTA system. I highly recommend you get a receiver with blind search capability, such as the Fortec Classic NA. Depending on where you live, you might want to get a 36" dish for your FTA system instead of the 30".

Also, a motorized FTA dish will allow you to receive more channels than a stationary dish. There are more ME channels on Amazonas (61.5W) and Hispasat (30W). Most are duplicate of what you see on IA5 (97W).

I predict more FTA channels will be offered from the ME in NA. Nilesat, Noursat, and Arabsat in the ME will be adding more than 300 FTA Arabic channels in 2006. Of course these satellites are not available in North America, bt I suspect some of these channels will be transmitted to North and South America due to the large Arabic expat population.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)