Help! Switch appears dead and need workaround

Leo

Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Well last night we keep getting "Acquiring Sat Signal" on all sets with receivers. Well I went in and ran the switch test, but it's not being found. Called Dish tech support and they are sending a tech out tomorrow afternoon to fix. My question is, with the 811 and OTA, is there a way to watch the OTA even though it can not acquire a sat signal? I tried a few things myself but no viable solution. So am I screwed until tomorrow? Or is there some way I can get my OTA channels to come up on the Dish 811?

You may want to try removing all cables from your switch for a few minutes to see if it will "reset". I had a similar issue with my legacy SW64 a few weeks ago....it would not get even polarity on any sat or any receiver. I completely disconnected it for a bit and when I hooked it back up and did a check switch, it was fine.

If that doesn't work, you could try taking the switch out and connecting one sat cable to the receiver and see what you get.

Mike J

I was able to connect some of the cables directly - bypassing the SW64. So I have some signal until the service tech shows tomorrow. Thanks for your responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)