HELP-->Switching To Dish! Prefered Equipment/Programming When Ordering For 3 Rooms?

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
I'm Firing ATT/DTV.

Need Help!

I need advice/recommendations on how & what steps I need to take, far as canceling DTV & Ordering Dish.

I want to make sure and order the best/newest equipment & programming from the beginning so I won't regret not ordering something I may overlook or not know about.

My minimum requirements: 3-Rooms, Premium Channels (HBO, ShoTime Etc) Sports, ESPN Etc...DVR with programming capabilities from all 3 rooms...4K Capable...Local Channels.

Reactions: EchostarFan
I assume you have no ETF with ATT.

Ask for a Hopper 3 and two Joey 3s. If you want UHD TV at all TVs, substitute 4K Joeys for the Joey 3s.

You need to pick a programming package. I suspect you’ll want the Top 250. Request locals specifically.

If you think you might want OTA coverage for locals, you can buy (from a dealer, not Dish) a dual tuner OTA USB dongle, and hook it to an antenna.

They are offering a package of HBO and ShoTime now quite reasonably. Or you may get it for free as a new subscriber.

RSNs are available in some areas.

Ask for a Hopper 3 and two Joey 3s. If you want UHD TV at all TVs, substitute 4K Joeys for the Joey 3s.

You need to pick a programming package. I suspect you’ll want the Top 250. Request locals specifically.
Sounds like he needs the America's Everything Pack instead of the Top 250.

Reactions: LQQK

ETF?

With the Joeys do they have their own HD for DVRing or is it linked via wifi to the Hopper3?

If you think you might want OTA coverage for locals, you can buy (from a dealer, not Dish) a dual tuner OTA USB dongle, and hook it to an antenna.

They are offering a package of HBO and ShoTime now quite reasonably. Or you may get it for free as a new subscriber.

RSNs are available in some areas.

Does Dish offer local channels like DTV does or do ya have to go OTA?

The Joeys do not have HDs. They link to the Hopper via MoCa through the coax cabling. Dish offers lical channels via satellite. ETF = Early Termination Fee. If you have a contract with ATT, you must stay with them until the contract runs out or pay a fee.

Reactions: joewhite57 and LQQK
The Joeys do not have HDs. They link to the Hopper via MoCa through the coax cabling. Dish offers lical channels via satellite. ETF = Early Termination Fee. If you have a contract with ATT, you must stay with them until the contract runs out or pay a fee.

I'll have to call DTV to see if they locked me up again!!!

I'm trying to navigate a buggy Dish site here (Lincoln, Ne) I saw the local channels offered, great. I also saw the Hopper3 offered but can't find any info on the Joey or Joey 4K. Is it usually better to go through the national Dish site or go through a local site?

I'll have to call DTV to see if they locked me up again!!!

I'm trying to navigate a buggy Dish site here (Lincoln, Ne) I saw the local channels offered, great. I also saw the Hopper3 offered but can't find any info on the Joey or Joey 4K. Is it usually better to go through the national Dish site or go through a local site?
Equipment...

Hopper 3 (server/master)...
16 satellite tuners, dvr, home-system server, connects to 1 tv directly (upto 4K), can add OTA 2-tuner adapter.

Joeys (client/slave)...
Connect to other tvs,
Joey 1-2-3 (HD, not 4K, higher number faster speed),
Joey 4K (as stated 4K)

Hopper does all the work,
Joeys stream specific video from Hopper.

Hope that help

There is an electronic repair business in my town that offers DTV or Dish...Should I go through a place like that or deal only with the CS at Dish.Com to get the best service or does it even matter?

OK, Here is what Dish.Com has offered. Am I or they leaving out anything + Is this a good deal?

Hopper3 (Activation $53.62)
2 - Joey 4K's
3 - Voice Remotes
Free Echo Dot
HD Free 4 Life
Dish Protect Silver Free for 6months then $8.99 month
HBO, SHO, Dish Movie Pack, Starz Free 3 months then $55.00 month
Free Installation
2-year price lock After Promo ends $94.99 ($107.54 Tax/Fees) With Auto-Pay

You should always deal with your local retailer, if you have a good one.

I thought when I was chatting with Dish that it would be them. I asked if I should call them to make arrangements to install. The Rep said we have our own crew...Strange, at least to me that they don't use the local people...I totally agree that local business should get the deal...I'm gonna contact them in a little while.

I thought when I was chatting with Dish that it would be them. I asked if I should call them to make arrangements to install. The Rep said we have our own crew...Strange, at least to me that they don't use the local people...I totally agree that local business should get the deal...I'm gonna contact them in a little while.

To get the local folks to do your install you have to call them directly. When you order from DISH it's a gamble as to who they send but generally it won't be the local retailer. :)

You should always deal with your local retailer, if you have a good one.
They might let you pick out which remote controls you want too. Research if you aren't familiar with them. I think most will agree that the 40.0 & 54.0 are the best ones to get. Maybe purchase a few extra remotes too for his/her situations, etc.

They might let you pick out which remote controls you want too. Research if you aren't familiar with them. I think most will agree that the 40.0 & 54.0 are the best ones to get. Maybe purchase a few extra remotes too for his/her situations, etc.

So the Voice remote is not "THE" one to get? Do ya have a link to the 40 & 54? I'll do a search but if ya have a lead to some good info, lay-it-on-me...Please!

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 54 remote is a voice remote, the 40 is not. If you are completely new to Dish, the 54 will serve you well. If you are not, the 40 will make you more comfortable if you remember the shortcuts that you can use.

The 54 remote is a voice remote, the 40 is not. If you are completely new to Dish, the 54 will serve you well. If you are not, the 40 will make you more comfortable if you remember the shortcuts that you can use.

I do like dedicated buttons.I'm a little leery of voice control especially if ya have the volume cranked!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts