Help to ID this BUD Manufacturer and f/d ratio

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will try Trust’s tip after soaking it in PB more days
View attachment 130108

Tried this and hammered it to try and get it moving. No success. Took it back down and hanged it from a tree. Will hit it frequently with PB and hammer.
IMG_7350.JPG

Did You also used the pressure trick with the threaded rod and the hammer ?
The combination of hammering while there is already pressure is the most effective way .
The housing should be on a heavy hard table with the half gear downwarts .
Even when the shaft after some hammering does not seems to been moved , turn the tension nut as tight as possible .
Keep the pressure on !!!

Did You also used the pressure trick with the threaded rod and the hammer ?
The combination of hammering while there is already pressure is the most effective way .
The housing should be on a heavy hard table with the half gear downwarts .
Even when the shaft after some hammering does not seems to been moved , turn the tension nut as tight as possible .
Keep the pressure on !!!

Haven’t tried the pressure trick on the threaded rod. Will give this hanging, soak and hammer thing a few days. Before trying that.

I would try and put it back together except the motor and put it on the pole stick the dish ring back on it and find a pole for a long lever. Stick it into the ring and try and pry the mount to move back and forth again. After you get it to move you can hammer it out.

I would try and put it back together except the motor and put it on the pole stick the dish ring back on it and find a pole for a long lever. Stick it into the ring and try and pry the mount to move back and forth again. After you get it to move you can hammer it out.

That makes alot of sense Magic Static hopefully I will not damage the ring.
Gotta be persistent even if it takes me months and different methods. Once I get it out I could post the method that works for a really stuck and hard to pull out shaft. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

That makes alot of sense Magic Static hopefully I will not damage the ring.
Gotta be persistent even if it takes me months and different methods. Once I get it out I could post the method that works for a really stuck and hard to pull out shaft. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

The pipe trick worked like a charm! Got the half moon shaft moving! Gave it a couple of ups and downs. Loosen screws gave it a couple more ups and downs. Now to take it back down and try to hammer it out
IMG_7355.JPG
IMG_7356.JPG
IMG_7357.JPG
IMG_7359.JPG

After looking at the dish ring I would say that dish is a Uni-Mesh. I know of a 10' Uni-Mesh dish on an AJAK.
UniMesh 003.JPG

Magic Static I looked up some Unimesh pics on the web and definitely it is a Unimesh. Thanks for the lead. This shaft is still stubborn. I will leave it soaking a couple more days and will do the pipe trick again. Christmas break is over and now this will become a weekend thing.

Magic Static I looked up some Unimesh pics on the web and definitely it is a Unimesh. Thanks for the lead. This shaft is still stubborn. I will leave it soaking a couple more days and will do the pipe trick again. Christmas break is over and now this will become a weekend thing.
I would try and get the shaft to move without the aid of a lever on the ring, just your hands, before trying to disassemble it.

Used a grip ratchet to pull while moving the ring base up and down. That and PB did the trick.

Well that was for sure a job! Glad to see it apart. Can't wait to hear and see pics of it back together and working!

Reactions: Vintagesports
Glad you got it apart. Is the shim worn out or were they originally split like that? If worn out, wonder if brass shim stock could be used to replace? Just thinking out loud.

Glad you got it apart. Is the shim worn out or were they originally split like that? If worn out, wonder if brass shim stock could be used to replace? Just thinking out loud.

Thanks bpalonr I’ve seen other pics posted by Magic Static and it is split like that. It makes for a tight fit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts