hammerdown

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Northern California
Dish6000 + SW21
Pizza1= Twin500 (110+119)
Pizza2= Dish300 (61.5)

There was no visible damage, Pizza1 just got moved out of alignment.

I had to get on the roof and re-secure the mount to the eve, verified the vertical post is perfectly plum, put the 500 dish back on, and lined up to my old marks. Since 61.5 Dish was not hit, I temporarily removed the SW21 + 61.5. Now that the 500 was going straight to the 6000, I started searching for 110/119.

I got 80% signal & Locked - E* 119. So I stopped & did a switch test and it found the Twin 500, but only the 119 Sat. And when I looked at Signal Strength for Sat 110 it would say 80% Wrong Sat - E* 119.

Went back up top and moved dish to the left, past a zero signal area, then back into a 80% signal. Did a switch test and it found Twin500, but only 110 Sat. And when I looked at Signal Strength for Sat 119 it would say 80% Wrong Sat - E* 110.

See the problem? It sees the Twin500, but only wants to see one Sat. Attached is a screenshot of the final switch test (with 61.5).

Hammer
BTW: I am subscribed only to the HD Pak + V-Lite channels, so even with the above issue I am currently able to receive all the channels. I'd still like to understand what is going on.

Attachments

• DishSWtest.jpg
    DishSWtest.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 201
You could try clearing the switch matrix.

- Disconnect the satellite feed to the receiver.
- Run check switch.
- Connect back the satellite feed.
- Run check switch and try aiming again.

When you try to aim it again, it's easier if you cover one eye with aluminun foil. Aim with the 119 eye and cover the 110 eye, once you peak 119 do a check switch and 110 should fall into place.

Check to make sure the skew didn't get knocked out of whack too.

hammerdown said:
9 degrees back to the right (south), correct? That is where I started, and it would not see 110. I'm going back up tomorrow.

Hammer
You're showing 110 on the 119 eye (first column).

Rotate 9 degrees west.

Don't forget that the elevation will also have to change - down a touch.

Ya, I got it. I think it was just too difficult to get it done with me on the roof, and my dad inside watching the Signal Strength Screen. So I took a 13" Tv up on the roof with me today and got it all sorted out.

Thanks everyone:)
Hammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts