Help two remotes controlling two TV's!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

itsjon

Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Ok we got two 322's, the two green remotes goto one 322 and the two blue remotes goto the other 322 but the trouble i'm having is that when you change the channel with one remote it will change the channel to the other tv on some other channel, sometimes it will change it to the same channel and some times not lol what the heck is going on here? The two tv's and remotes im having trouble with are the blue system. What do i need to do to fix this? Please help

So what should the remote address be, right now primary and remote address's are on 1

itsjon said:
Ok we got two 322's, the two green remotes goto one 322 and the two blue remotes goto the other 322 but the trouble i'm having is that when you change the channel with one remote it will change the channel to the other tv on some other channel, sometimes it will change it to the same channel and some times not lol what the heck is going on here? The two tv's and remotes im having trouble with are the blue system. What do i need to do to fix this? Please help

Actually, you're close...but not close enough. Each 322 has a #1 and a #2 remote.

The #1 remote works the television nearest your receiver...the #2 remote is the "distant" television. More than likely, your installer didn't readdress the #2 remotes. As a previous poster stated, you'll have to readdress one of the #2 remotes. I can't remember what page it states (thinking page #22???). Worst comes to worst, either call Dish or the installation company that did your install.

I got two blue remotes that say 2 on both of them and i got two green remotes that say 1 on both of them.

Exactly! One of EACH remote will go with EACH receiver.

For example: a 322 will have a #1 (green) and a #2 (blue) remote. Typically, the television with the #1 (green) remote is tuned to channel 3. The television with the #2 (blue) remote can be tuned to a higher channel...usually channel 60 or channel 73.

Your remotes are mixed up 1 green and 1 blue for each receiver. The blue remotes are rf and control tv2 for each of the receivers. You need to get the manual out and change the remote address for tv2 on one of the receivers with 1 blue remote. And probably turn off the receiver that your are not changing the address on while you are doing this.

Ok so get this, the guy who came out and set it up not only didn't set up the remotes but installed one of the box's in a room with no phone line and that means chu ching another 5 bucks. He just didn't do his job right. Thanks for the help guys.

1. Unplug one of the receivers just to be safe.
2. On the receiver that's not unplugged, turn the power off via the front panel power button. When you do, you'll see a floating screen saver saying "Press Select to Continue".
3. On the front panel, press the channel down OR up. You'll see the System Information screen pop up.
4. Grab the remote with a blue TV2 marking on it that you'll use with that receiver. Press and hold the "SAT" key on the top left of the remote control.
5. When all the other lights blink, let go of the SAT key. SAT button'll start to blink on its own.
6. Choose a remote address from 1 to 15 that's not the same as the other room's. Choose an unpopular number, like 12 or 14. Key in that number.
7. Press the # key. If you entered it correctly, the SAT light will blink 3 times.
8. Finally, press the "Record" key right above the "2" key. Watch your screen for the TV2 Remote Address. It should be what you just keyed in.

If you have no problems doing this, go ahead and program the second receiver's TV2 Remote Address as well if you think you live near someone that also has a UHF-enabled DISH receiver. But this time, don't do step 1. Step 1 is to ensure that you don't accidentally program the other receiver's remote address inadvertently. If you follow all the steps above, you don't need to unplug the other receiver.

I hope this helps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)